Skip navigation

Hello

Back to the top

Hello

Just wanted to say hi as I have recently become the owner of a black 89 clipper. I haven't driven a proper old car for a few years now and i've really missed it. I live on the Isle of Wight which isn;t that sunny but I try and get the top down when I can.
   Anyway I do have a sneeky question for all you wise people out there. When I bought the car it had the compressor and two rams for a power hood which I think was an after market job as the rams fitted to the back seat brackets on the rear wheel arches.  I have managed to get hold of what I think is a genuine set but it looks from your pictures that the fit in the boot. Will I need to sort some brackets out for the rams to sit in???
P.S I will try and add some pics as soon as i've worked that one out.

Cheers  Jimbo

Back to the top

Back to the top
always good to see another cabby owner, welcome to the site fella she looks nice, wot ya plans for her? :wink:

mines jus gone to the garage this evening miss firing :cry:

http://www.vwgolfmk1.o…viewtopic&t=61710&start=0

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

GOLF MKII DRIVER - ex took it

GOLF MKII GTI 16V - scrapped

JETTA MkII GTI 8V LMT EDTION

Back to the top
I've just had her fully serviced with a engine flush. She's got new discs, pads, shoes and wheel cylinders. Cam belt has been changed. I've changed the wheels from 13" bbs which looked to small to 15" 5 spokes however having seen your wheels i'm now jealous. She needs a new roof, blower doesn't work and problem with the fog light, othewise she's good as gold.

Back to the top
well if she's sound and solid then she's worth spending the money, i'v jus been told my head gasket may hav gone so thats guna be an expensive fix but one she's def worth, yeah the wheels did come up ok really happy with how they turned out shant bother buying any next year now ha.
wot you guna do just get the outer skin replaced or get the hole roof changed??

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

Back to the top
I think prob just get the skin replaced as the inside headliner has no rips, just needs a clean.
   So will you do the head gasket yourself or let the garage do it?

Back to the top
i would have let the garage do it, but seems she's been running fine all day not missed a beat so they'v suggested collect her and see how she goes take her back if it does in again :dontknow:  :dontknow:  :dontknow:

my project
http://www.vwgolfmk1.o…viewtopic&t=61710&start=0

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.