Skip navigation

Hello

Back to the top

Hello

I was lucky enough to be given a Mk 1 by an aunt who could at the age of 86 no longer drive her, she has had her from new & there are a few dinks, I picked her up from Ealing 2 weeks ago, used a quarter of a tank to drive her the 120 miles back to the Forest of Dean, today I chnaged the air filter, cleaned the jets on the carb & she goes like stink, needs atouch up on the paintwork in places, but, after my wife has learned to drive on her, I am going to hand over the keys of my beloved Peugeot 207 & enjoy many happy years of motoring in my burgundy vw golf :lol:

Back to the top
Hi and welcome to the site :)

Sounds like a bit of a find!!   Any pics?

Banner

Back to the top
Hi, Welcome!  :D

A freebie! Lucky you!  8)

Back to the top
No pics as of yet, maybe when I get some Mer on the bodywork, it's always been serviced by the vw dealership, I think they may have taken advantage a bit, fitting parts that were'nt really needed, most recent, was last year, it had a new cam belt fitted, which was needed however a new head gasket & waterpump, I don't know, maybe I am being a bit overprotective, but still at least it has been looked after,all I will be doing is to get it back up to it's original running spec, no fancy wheels or trims I don't want to spoil the authenticity, plus She That Must Be Obeyed will go mad at me, as I am constantly reminded of how much I spend on my truck, nearly ?300 at truckfest this year, so I am on a tight budget, I have a friend who does a bit of spraying & bodywork, so I am lucky there, but I shall take a few snaps & post them soon

Back to the top
Hi and welcome along get them pic up my curiosity is running wild. :D

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
Far too dark now, will do it in the morning

Back to the top

good call

sounds like your a seriously lucky guy, looking forwad to seeing it.

welcome!

Ross

Back to the top
just one question how do I upload these pictures

Back to the top
lucky person…

looking forward to the pics

:cheer:  I've got my husband back :cheer:

Back to the top
lucky guy :)  congratulations on your new golf mate.
lookin forward to seeing the pics and welcome to the site. :)

Back to the top
Welcome to the site mate

sounds nice, love the burgundy originals, get the pics up soon
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.