Skip navigation

2010 Mk1 from South Africa

Back to the top

2010 Mk1 from South Africa

Hi y'all from deepest darkest Africa! I am the proud owner of a 2010 VW Golf Mk1, No: 284 of the last 1000 built in South Africa. It is basically a Limited Edition Citigolf which they numbered on the dash and front fenders, with a 1.6i motor, leather trim seats and steering and gearshift with red stitching, central locking/alarm and an airbag! Finally! An airbag in a Mk1 … woohoo! It is Black Metallic Pearl with 15" rims and a 20mm drop and factory tinted windows. I will post some pics as soon as I can as I am sure the guys over the ocean will be interested to see the last in this long and rich history of the amazing VW Mk1.

2009 VW Golf Mk1 Ltd

Back to the top
Hello and welcome. Would be interesting to see some pics.

Back to the top
Here are some pics … enjoy!

2009 VW Golf Mk1 Ltd

Back to the top
A buddy did my sound with a 10" subwoofer and 6x9s running off a 4 channel amp. It already had some nice 6" door speakers and tweeters on the dash mounted into the original dash vents. Put on a front spoiler (Mk2 GTi spoiler) and some smoked indicator lenses. Next up is to get rid of those HORRIBLE rims! Soon as I sell my Mk3 GTi I will probably pick up some black 15" rims and do the murdered look or maybe a set of black-center BBS rims. And then some LOW!

2009 VW Golf Mk1 Ltd

Back to the top
Looking good... Do these cars also have air conditioning and power steering?

R32GUY

1992 Rivage in Classic Blue Pearl "B16YUG" 2.0 TFSI, 6 Speed FWD with Quaife LSD, running on Air with sorted geometry and Eibach ARB's, G60 brake setup front and rear, 4x100 17" BBS LM's, Power Steering, Opening Quarter-lights, Mk2 electric recaros and the whole car trimmed by MJ Interiors in tan and Alcantara with a brown roof.

Back to the top
howsit dude

see you from sunny durban… cabs looking neat man
im too from durbs but now living in new zealand

Back to the top

virus-zn said

howsit dude

see you from sunny durban… cabs looking neat man
im too from durbs but now living in new zealand

There you go lol.

Welcome aboard, nice ride.

It seems strange looking at a MK1 with a modern dash in it.

welcome aboard.

cheers

chortle

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
R32GUY … no aircon, no power steering, no nothing!

virus-zn … howzit, bru! Durbs is awesome right now, mid-winter, shorts and t-shirt walking along the promenade at the beach. Loving it!

chortle … yeah, it is a contradiction driving a car first built in the mid-70s and only recently discontinued. It's a handful in the parking lot with no power steering, but lotsa fun to drive with the sporty 1.6i motor.

2009 VW Golf Mk1 Ltd

Back to the top
aww bru dont rub it in.. i can only imagine what that feels like ...lol i miss that.. here its freezing and raining...

Back to the top
very nice, and welcome to the club

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Oh my gosh that is beautiful. What does a 2010 mk1 cost? VW stopped selling the mk1 here in the states in 1984 unfortunately. I would trade my balls for that car, sorry if that's too graphic. :D
-Aaron

Back to the top
Nice Golf. Not sure about dash. But Ha its new
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.