Skip navigation

1977 TDI 1.9 rabbit

Back to the top

1977 TDI 1.9 rabbit

hello from Washington state in USA.

Here's my mk1, was sold as a rabbit here.
bought it for $500, with a blown 1.5 and a 4 speed. put in a 1.9 ahu tdi engine and cable shift transmission, added a rocketchip, and pp520 injector nozzles. Most of the car is original paint, interior, and then I threw some rare parts at it as well.

and the shot under the hood..
 :D

gets about 55-60 mpg, has great power, and is fun to drive…I hope to have  some pics in a future issue of PVW……so I won't post too many pics in the meantime…don't want to spoil all the surprises…. :wink:

Back to the top
Very nice …………..

Can you get some of those bumpers shipped over here ?  :lol:

Back to the top
Hello and welcome,
that is a great looking car. Almost makes me want to rip the engine out off my TDI and put it in my Cabby. :lol:

89 MK1 GTI Cab ( Helios Blue ), 64 reg VW Transporter T30 highline, Audi A1 1.4 TFSI Sportline..

Back to the top
That really is nice  8)

What wheels are they, and did the TDI lump come out of a Mk3 or a Mk4 Golf?

Rich

Back to the top
very nice...

Back to the top

Lawsy said

very nice…

Second that

'83 1.5 Gx (picture coming soon)

Back to the top
hi and welcome

that is really cool

love the wheels!

Back to the top
Nice Modd!

Back to the top
Welcome to the club. That's a very nice car you have there.  8)  A lot of people have put TDI engines in Mk1 Caddy pick-ups, but very few hatchback mk1's so far that I know of. It's certainly top of my list for when my standard diesel engine goes bang though. Congratulations on such a great job! Hope to see you in PVW soon then!  :wink:

Back to the top

Diesel-dubber said

Welcome to the club. That's a very nice car you have there.  8)  A lot of people have put TDI engines in Mk1 Caddy pick-ups, but very few hatchback mk1's so far that I know of. It's certainly top of my list for when my standard diesel engine goes bang though. Congratulations on such a great job! Hope to see you in PVW soon then!  :wink:
Its something I've thought of because i have a Audi 1.9tdi A4 standard 130bhp but I've had it chipped and now chugs out 150bhp and eats my GTI for breakfast providing you can change gear quick enough I've always wondered what it would be like in the cabby being half the weight?
flying machine :D

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
Some very nice touches there  8)

Back to the top
thanks for all the comments.

the wheels are made by BB, or buchmann & buchmann, a german tuning company from the 80s. they also brought you the BB 911 targa, BB polo paris, BB CW311, and many other feats of engineering.  I managed to find a matching steering wheel about 5 years ago…don't hardly ever see these parts come up, so I grab them when I can. I've got two sets of the wheels, the other set is on my NA miata…
They're directional, and cool the brakes from the hub outward.

The engine is a full swap from a 98 jetta. used the whole wiring loom, fusebox, and integrated all the mk1 switches into the harness, cut/solder/heatshrink. I used a rear harness from a 1990 cabriolet, as it had the newer plugs for the CE fuesbox. It also has a OBD2 port under the dash, I can VAG-COM the car anytime I need to.
The longest drive I've had it on was two summers ago, and I drove most of the day, did about 325 miles and used 5.5 gallons of fuel..just over 1/2 tank. And that was with a clamp-on roof rack. I hope to better that, with the rack gone now.
It also has the drive by wire system installed, was much easier than everybody said it would be…

And, no I can't send you bumpers..I've had this set for 7 years or so…bought them from ebay.de right before they got super popular here… :D

Back to the top
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.