we aim to deliver a truly memorable weekend to every visitor who knows
how to enjoy themselves without p***ing any of our other visitors
off…  and we will be making every effort to entertain, with no end of
VW oriented activities, displays and car shows each day, and live bands
on both Friday and Saturday night.

VW Action is transferring its familiar layout to Santa Pod, and almost
all the event will be set up on the spectator side of the venue, not
the Dragstrip. If Drag Racing is not for you, you don't need to see a
singe pass. (But if it is - you'll have a blast!).

www.dubz-by-dan.co.uk

Back to the top
Clashes with Ed38  :(

Back to the top

Pricie said

I know dude, dont even go there……

If your stuck for what to do, then why not do as a few other clubs are doing and come to VW Action friday and Saturday and leave Sunday morning to hit E38, only 10 miles up the road. That way you get all the entertainment of Action, but only miss out on our Sunday Concours competition. We do however have a daily driver Show and Shine on Saturday.

www.dubz-by-dan.co.uk

Back to the top

danny_allen said

Pricie said

I know dude, dont even go there……

If your stuck for what to do, then why not do as a few other clubs are doing and come to VW Action friday and Saturday and leave Sunday morning to hit E38, only 10 miles up the road. That way you get all the entertainment of Action, but only miss out on our Sunday Concours competition. We do however have a daily driver Show and Shine on Saturday.

Or even better the other way round :mrgreen:  Soooooo funny at E38! so many nice folks too, and only a few "Hot Heads :evil: " whereas VWA will be full ov em :banghead:

86 Christmas Collection Cabby GTi in Saphire Blau!

Back to the top
Decisions, decisions  8O

Which one to go to, are the owners club commited to either show or is it a free for all.  One of the problems with having both shows that weekend is one or both shows wont have a full compliment of dedicated VW traders  :(

Back to the top

Dougelove said

Or even better the other way round :mrgreen:  Soooooo funny at E38! so many nice folks too, and only a few "Hot Heads :evil: " whereas VWA will be full ov em :banghead:

what do you base that on dude?

www.dubz-by-dan.co.uk

Back to the top
Im at vw action more to do never been to e38 and problay start now but i guess thats down to personal preference :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
I'm going to VW Action too (instead of Edition 38). If there's a choice between a static show and one with a strip, makes sense to choose the one with the racing action. Judging by last time there was a clash, we were reasonably successful with turnout at GTI Festival, less so with BVF (which took place on the same weekend a couple of weeks ago).

In one way or another, we need to decide which show "the club" will be at, since there's only one club banner!

Back to the top
to be honest paul vw action would be more suited to the club stand one because there will be loads of other clubs and 2 beacuse its not as far for us to get to the strip  :lol:

i get the imprression e38 is all about sitting in a field looking at another mk2 for 3 days :lol:  :lol:

maybe ill go next year to see what its all about but this year has to be about the strip action 8) ive got a certain 16v mk1 to to destroy on the strip (i wish) :roll:

Back to the top
I really cant see why the 'club' cant be at both just because we only have one banner.  Put some posters in the windscreens or something.  It's all about promoting the club, people can read The Mk1 Golf Owners Club whether it be on a 10x4 banner or an A4 sheet in the windscreen.  Simple answer, get another banner done.  It spends more time in the post than at the shows, also be handy to have one at either end of the country.

VW Action for me, it was great last year and be even better at the pod.

Banner

Back to the top

danny_allen said

Dougelove said

what do you base that on dude?

Action is one of the best chilled shows going ive never  known any attitude there id love to go ,aircooled shows seem to be more laid back having siad that you still get a great vibe entertainment as well:)

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
hup hup hup

www.dubz-by-dan.co.uk

Back to the top

ew said

I really cant see why the 'club' cant be at both just because we only have one banner.  Put some posters in the windscreens or something.  It's all about promoting the club, people can read The Mk1 Golf Owners Club whether it be on a 10x4 banner or an A4 sheet in the windscreen.  Simple answer, get another banner done.  It spends more time in the post than at the shows, also be handy to have one at either end of the country.

VW Action for me, it was great last year and be even better at the pod.

I agree, can be at both.

We have some 'pop-up' banners from last years classic motor show. They would need tent ropes or similar an no high winds if outside but could be used.

Cheers
Andy

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
I can make a banner free of charge (I manufacture tarpaulins), can someone can get the screen printing sorted? if so, tell me how big you want the banner and then I'll post it to whoever can get the screen printing organised.

Are the club having stands at both shows then? if so, do we know who's going to which one and on which days??  :mrgreen:

Back to the top

GAMMYGOLFGTI said

I can make a banner free of charge (I manufacture tarpaulins), can someone can get the screen printing sorted? if so, tell me how big you want the banner and then I'll post it to whoever can get the screen printing organised.

Are the club having stands at both shows then? if so, do we know who's going to which one and on which days??  :mrgreen:

Perhaps it would be a good time for some volunteers (1 for VW Action and 1 for Edition 38 ) to come forward as the "co-ordinator"?

Back to the top
paul you going to vw action ?

Back to the top

bens_cab said

paul you going to vw action ?

I'm a maybe, 75% sure. At the moment, cash is really tight, hence I can't say 100%.

Back to the top
think theres a few of us going this time so were going to need a bigger bar :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
selling cider :wink:

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
so far then

the list

bens_
dub76
cabriaulait(maybe ?)
paul_c

There are too many online users to list.