Skip navigation

Topic #106943 (no title)

Back to the top

shows- members only vs non members

andy77 said

What would be the latest time i could be on the stand by as i will be travelling up with eastcoast dubs but would luv to get on the stand !!!! Cheers

Andy

need to be apaid member for stand mate..

sort that out and we'll save you a place

Steve

Back to the top
looks like there will be more no paid memebrs there than paid members think the club should re asses this stupid rule

perhaps other club stands will love to have mk1s on ??

am i the only one that thinks its a silly rule????

that wasnt a dig at you lawsy just think its silly that i could email danny and get a club stand spot and have more unpaid members on it than the official stand

Back to the top

bens_cab said

looks like there will be more no paid memebrs there than paid members think the club should re asses this stupid rule

perhaps other club stands will love to have mk1s on ??

am i the only one that thinks its a silly rule????

that wasnt a dig at you lawsy just think its silly that i could email danny and get a club stand spot and have more unpaid members on it than the official stand

I said that about a year ago Ben, its a rule that was set in place by the previous committee and one thats been succesful.
I did at the retro show loast year, we had an impromtu stand, and had members and non members.

Being on the club stand was/is a perk for members and members come first. Plus our insurance policy is paid for by the members and covers the stand so its only fair
However, we've softened the ruling now and if there is space then non members could fill it..

And as Andy got some invaluable advice through the forum, I'm sure he'll be joining up soon enough anyways

Back to the top
what im saying is surely from a clubs point of view why limit the stand to 15 when you can involve everyone non paid ect and have plus 20 cars

doesnt make sense to me tbh

why limit to 10 or 15

doesnt make for good advertising in my eyes

Back to the top
Why does Mk1 Golf OC need insurance for a club stand, when every other club doesn't have it and seems to get along just fine? As I understand things, the requirement for insurance only comes from holding our OWN events (eg national show) when a venue owner can ask for it as a requirement. So its not relevant for club stands at non-club-organised shows. Just seems like a barrier?

Back to the top

Lawsy said

andy77 said

What would be the latest time i could be on the stand by as i will be travelling up with eastcoast dubs but would luv to get on the stand !!!! Cheers

Andy

need to be apaid member for stand mate..

sort that out and we'll save you a place

Steve

Oh right whoops didnt realise that steve, cheers
Could I join at the show, not after a discount just would be easier for me.
And yes have had plnty of useful advice esp tiling  :lol:

G60

Back to the top
Paul, well obviously you know best as you were on the committee when it was brought in
Its something that was left over from previous and hasnt been changed

you were all for it before your membership expired..

But I have taken on board both your views and passed back to the committe for review! and as said above, priority will go to club cars and if space allows, non members will be ok

The insurance is needed, lets say our club flagpole falls over and scratches your car..
The banner falls off the railings and hits a toddler in the eye
Gazebo blows away in wind and damages neighbouring clubs cars, scracthing every one them!!

So think you get the idea!!

Ben, how many shows last year did we have were more than 10 came, not many that I saw anyway look at action, loads said they were coming, only half showed up, always is that way…

Feel free tho, I'm sure vwaction or gti fest will welcome a Fastgolf stand too, in fact if you do count me in and I'll come in my GTD mk2 instead..  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Back to the top

Lawsy said

Paul, well obviously you know best as you were on the committee when it was brought in
Its something that was left over from previous and hasnt been changed

you were all for it before your membership expired..

But I have taken on board both your views and passed back to the committe for review! and as said above, priority will go to club cars and if space allows, non members will be ok

The insurance is needed, lets say our club flagpole falls over and scratches your car..
The banner falls off the railings and hits a toddler in the eye
Gazebo blows away in wind and damages neighbouring clubs cars, scracthing every one them!!

So think you get the idea!!

Ben, how many shows last year did we have were more than 10 came, not many that I saw anyway look at action, loads said they were coming, only half showed up, always is that way…

Feel free tho, I'm sure vwaction or gti fest will welcome a Fastgolf stand too, in fact if you do count me in and I'll come in my GTD mk2 instead..  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

I "towed the company line" at the time and used the same explanation as you have done, but it remains a fact that some clubs don't have insurance so it isn't a REQUIREMENT although of course it is DESIRABLE.

I tried to find out stats for club stand attendance, but none were officially held. Might be worth trawling through old threads, because clearly some shows were very popular and some weren't. And this incudes the "must be club member" rule. I don't know why so many people who SAID they'd come to VW Action, didnt show - you were organising the club stand of that one, any insight? I have organised a few in my time, you'll always get one or two who drop out so its to be expected but there was a high number who dropped Action so its perhaps an anomoly, not typical. I remember All Types 2007 being particularly popular, something like 17 or 18 cars???

How about the people who have bought their memberships >1 year ago but it hasn't expired, because their name hasn't manually been taken off the list? Will this issue be sorted out in time to clarify which members are bona-fide paid up ones, or will those whose membership has been inadvertently extended be checked and deleted off the list if they show an interest in a show? I notice they were efficient enough to remove my membership a couple of weeks late, but Tian has admitted he's missed loads.

Back to the top
as i recal last year there were non members wanting to go to the shows and be on the club stand but were not allowed hence the poor turn out

weather im a member or not makes no difference tbh

as for a fastgolf stand maybe in the future who knows but for now ill go with club gti as there stands are open to all :wink:

im hoping the commitee changes the rule they did it with the cars for sale section

cheers lawsy

Back to the top
just for info if you check 07 gti festival i organised the stand and on the sunday was a mix of members and non members with a good turn out  :wink:  15+ cars

Back to the top

bens_cab said

as i recal last year there were non members wanting to go to the shows and be on the club stand but were not allowed hence the poor turn out

weather im a member or not makes no difference tbh

as for a fastgolf stand maybe in the future who knows but for now ill go with club gti as there stands are open to all :wink:

im hoping the commitee changes the rule they did it with the cars for sale section

cheers lawsy

Paul

As you said above, you towed the line then, i am now. And ye sit is desirable to make sure th einsurance covers it

When and if a new events manger is appointed I'm sure it wil get looked at

Untill then, its the way it is.. as to membership issues and manual deletes/auto deletes, then yes this is being looked at and a system devised. Shame it wasnt already in place   :wink:

Ben, I see from both sides so am not debating it anymore here..

After all, I personally think its only fair that a paid up members gets priority onto their club stand. then if space and n the caseof no shows, then non members are allowed.
But we'll open to discussions in club business once an events manager is appointed and then let the members decide.

So can we now get back on topic and sort out who's coming to the GTI festival

Back to the top
i am going with a different club im afraid  unless the situation is resolved:banghead:

Back to the top
Ok add me to the list of "non-members" who vaguely might want to be on the stand (its January still, after all) and who are happy enough to recede their place to a bona-fide paid up member but might actually renew soon if the wind blows in the right direction, etc etc. and if at that point it happens, will want to go onto the stand and also will be miffed if there's a 15 car stand available but a limit of 10 is imposed for no reason, etc etc.

Back to the top
Show organisers set the limit on club stands and they also issue the passes to allow owners into the show.

Its all very well cramming 18 cars onto a 10 car pitch so the stand looks good but 1. people can't walk round them to look at them 2. if they do the cars could get scratched or damaged 3. All Types 07 was cramped and although well attended, the cars had to be giggled round a number of times to fit everybody on to the small pitch.

The insurance thing is deffinately worth having. Not to have it would be foolhardy, A5OPY and I had to catch a flyaway gazeebo at Tatton Park last year and I wouldn't like to be the one explaining to an owner ' Hey tough on your ?3000 paint job mate, we ain't got insurance for your respray'.

The 'Members Only' issue is ONLY and issue to NON members. If you don't like the system join up and enjoy the benefits. You get more benefits than just going on a stand as you know. Also, it kind of (but not exclusively) tends to ensure that folk turn up.

Wasn't VW Action on the same weekend as Edition 38? People don't care about letting others down, if their mates are going to one show and their not then they'll tag along with them even if they've got a pass for the other show. Its life and we live with it.

The point is, as I've said before if you don't like it for example Paul and Ben, you are free to vote with your feet OR your wallet. Either way I personally don't mind but it would be good if you'd chose one or the other and stop moaning about the situation. May be harsh but there you go.

Dan

Back to the top
I aint moaning!

Back to the top

paul_c said

I aint moaning!

Sound like it Paul !!!  :lol:

All I'm saying is that its a good rule with the benefits going FOR the members and encouraging owners to join up.

Dan

Back to the top

Dano said

paul_c said

I aint moaning!

All I'm saying is that its a good rule with the benefits going FOR the members and encouraging owners to join up.

Dan

Agree, so long as there's 100% clarity on what a "member" is, as in, the paid/unpaid issue is resolved swiftly.

Back to the top

paul_c said

Dano said

paul_c said

I aint moaning!

Dan

Agree, so long as there's 100% clarity on what a "member" is, as in, the paid/unpaid issue is resolved swiftly.

its in hand Paul..
But as you'll know, its not that swift (so i'm being told)

Back to the top

paul_c said

Dano said

paul_c said

I aint moaning!

Dan

Its being done - along with a host of other things that you don't see.

As and when the shows start, its a easy enough job to ask Tian to check the list of 'member' wishing to go on the stand against his paid list prior to the passes being posted out. No big deal or upset there. If someone is found NOT to be a paid member they can be asked to pay up OR their pass goes to the next member wishing to go on the stand. seems quite straight forward to me.

Dan

Back to the top
sorry dano but comments like that encourage people to leave and to be honest if i was at spring festival and parked my car on the club stand after doing a run up the strip im pretty sure no one would say anything

membership this mebership that pretty annoying its like being in a car showroom and having little gimp trying to flog you a car

i know its about gaining the numbers but jesus change the record

There are too many online users to list.