Skip navigation

GAYDON 2007 DATES - PLEASE VOTE NOW!

Back to the top

GAYDON 2007 DATES - PLEASE VOTE NOW!

Ok, so here's dates we have available for Gaydon next year, please vote your choice so we can get booked up before someone else does!

11th & 12th August

25th & 26th August (Bank Holiday weekend)

8th & 9th September

Let me know :wink:

Cheers
Andy

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Either Eyether Or! I'll go with the Majority. so i didnt vote :mrgreen:

86 Christmas Collection Cabby GTi in Saphire Blau!

Back to the top
Its unlikely that Tatton Park show would move dates because of ours, so why not wait until they set a date, then go for the free slot in the calendar?

Back to the top
Not bothered about Tatton Park. I would rather have the best chance of sunshine, so 11th & 12th August for me!

Banner

Back to the top
as above, I think we were a bit unlucky so have picked the 11th & 12th. Lighting never strikes twice and all of that :?

Back to the top
really not fussed either, I'll be there come rain or shine  :mrgreen:

voted for the bank holiday weekend though for some unknown reason

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
Tatton Park is in the NW, ie its close to me (and others) so I'd not mind being able to go to both, instead of having to choose. Do you need to book it in now? Or can you hang on until other dates are set for 2007, and fit round them?

Back to the top
any chance of booking it for Edinburgh next year?  :lol:  :|

P.S. I dont mind either.  :mrgreen:

Back to the top

paul_c said

Tatton Park is in the NW, ie its close to me (and others) so I'd not mind being able to go to both, instead of having to choose. Do you need to book it in now? Or can you hang on until other dates are set for 2007, and fit round them?

Difficult one to call - I can leave it as long as no one else books the dates, in which case it's too late!!

Realistically I will be booking the weekend shortly.

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
I'm looking to book the event before I go on holiday this Friday so if you want to vote be quick!

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Voted for 11/12th.

Worked well for us with our hols, and as Mr GTI said, surely it can't be that bad 2 years running!!!

:D

Back to the top
Looks as if VW NW is on Sunday Aug 12 next year, but I'd prefer 11 & 12 Aug to bank holiday w/end. I'd always go to Gaydon although I live 10 mins from Tatton.
The Sept dates are likely to clash with FIA Finals at Santa Pod and I don't want to face that decision!
By the way IT WILL NOT RAIN NEXT YEAR

Back to the top
I've voted for 25 & 26th August due to my shifts… but I'll take leave to fit in where ever.

Lets also be thinking about other events NOW……

Elsecar
All Types
GTI International
VW Action (the early one)

and any others

oh and Edition 38… loved that one and if we can orgainise ourselves for camping that would be good.

Dan

Back to the top

Dano said

I've voted for 25 & 26th August due to my shifts… but I'll take leave to fit in where ever.

Lets also be thinking about other events NOW……

Elsecar
All Types
GTI International
VW Action (the early one)

and any others

oh and Edition 38… loved that one and if we can orgainise ourselves for camping that would be good.

Dan

There's loads of shows each year! Ones which spring to mind that you've missed off the list, are:

Dubfreeze
Bugjam
RTTS
Tatton Park

Although these are more aircooled ones. I think in 2007 we need to organise ourselves properly with club stands at each show.

Back to the top
Easier said than done Paul! Not meaning that to sound negative (it's not!) but if there's no interest from members to go then it doesn't happen (as has been the case sometimes)

Really need each region to take a little more charge with shows in their areas and get numbers up. Can have as much support from me/committee as required :wink:

Cheers
Andy

PS: meant to take the poll off :oops: , (will do now) Have already requested 11th & 12th again

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Hi will it be held on the carpark? it was a better display on tarmac than the field like this year ?
bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Easier said than done Paul! Not meaning that to sound negative (it's not!) but if there's no interest from members to go then it doesn't happen (as has been the case sometimes)

Really need each region to take a little more charge with shows in their areas and get numbers up. Can have as much support from me/committee as required :wink:

Cheers
Andy

PS: meant to take the poll off :oops: , (will do now) Have already requested 11th & 12th again

I know….

All I am saying is given this year's attendances, what shows does everyone want to 'focus' on this year, in terms of club stand. For example, there was a good interest in E38 but the arrangements were made pretty late, and in the weeks leading up to it there was a lot of doubt as to whether we had a club stand at all.

Back to the top

Bert said

Hi will it be held on the carpark? it was a better display on tarmac than the field like this year ?
bert
I like being able to camp near the cars so am more then happy to use the field again, If its not muddy through raining the access will be OK
Regardless of where it was the turnout would have been the same :dontknow:

Back to the top
Only cus water and soil dont mix  :cry:
bert  :wink:

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
I was a bit slow off the mark this year in attending shows etc for one reason or another……!

2007, I'm hoping to get to more of them as BabyDub will be older and less hardwork in the nappie department (wishfully thinking!!!). I'm also hoping to get some paintwork done over winter in order that I can compete more in the Show N Shines.

I suggest, as Paul c has done, that we focus on a number of show, the mainly water cooled one perhaps, and each region take a lead role in organising the club display there by reducing the burden on Hairy.

I will volunteer for the NW if required.

Correct me if I'm wrong but DubFreeze is first up next year and that ALWAYS gets a big crowd. Having looked at the calendar its scheduled for 18th February 2007.

Followed by the 2nd Ultimate Dubs at Telford International Centre. Daisy and I displayed there in March this year and it was like in indoor E38 with top cars etc. A Club stand can have 5 cars on the indoor or 6 on the outdoor display.
ClubGTI members are already on the case re this show and think that hotel rooms will at a premium this time round.
I suggest that we put this one down as a big YES. I have contact details and will arrange the stand display if you wish? The date is 11th March 2007 for that one.

Another thought that I had as I walked round is that if we (the Club) got some stock merchandise, for 'display purposes only' and had them on hangers at each show then we may be able to raise money and the profile of the club. Showing our wares is interesting for moochers to look at too.

Flyers…. how many Mk1's have we seen in the car parks, other displays and club stands who aren't 'affilliated' to our club? How about a good stock of flyers so that we can slide them under the wipers? That way we may get more paid members and more revenue.

Only thoughts… let me know (Hairy) if you want me to take up any of my offers.

Dan
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.