Skip navigation

GAYDON 2007

Back to the top

GAYDON 2007

Ok, so Gaydon 2007 is looming around the corner! For those who aren't familiar with our annual club bash, order of events is as follows;

Sat 11th & Sun 12th August at Gaydon Heritage Museum, Warks, just off J12 of the M40
British Motor Museum | Home

SATURDAY

Saturday starts at 1pm with the AGM to occur at some point! - it's a 'lazy' day. Turn up with your tents, pitch up, enjoy a BBQ (in the designated area :wink: ) and enjoy the tunes pumping out of the (family friendly!) disco in the marquee - tunes provided again by Dj Ev 8)

Camping will be limited to 50 pitches and pitches are ?15 each. Please pm or e-mail me in advance to book your pitch. Show and loo facilities are provided. You can pay me in advance or on the Saturday. Entry on the Saturday is possible up to 11.30pm when the gates will be firmly locked!

We had a cracking time last year despite the weather so worth coming!

SUNDAY

This is the show proper. After you've dragged yourself out of your tent, show categories will be judged throughout the day, as follows; (entry on the day or prior to if you like - its free!!)

Best Series 1 - standard
Best Series 1 - modified
Best Series 2 - standard
Best Series 2 - modified
Best Cabriolet - standard
Best Cabriolet - modified
Best Citi golf
Best interior
Best engine bay
Best unrestored/original condition
Peoples choice/Best of show ? (Public Vote)
Show ?n? Shine (daily driver cars only!)
Best Regional Display - Berks won last year - see if you can out do them! :wink:

Take the chance to admire the MK1's a plenty, buy some club merchandise or parts from the traders like crazyquiff who will be there.

Admission for the Sunday is free for members or ?10 per car for non-members - you can buy membership on the day for ?20. We will have a limited number as always of free passes in to the Heritage Museum and for the first 200 visitors, a commemorative plaque to attach to your MK1.  :wink:

Despite last years weather reducing numbers, we've always had 200+ MK1's turn up. With the current usage on the forum I'm sure we can set an all time record 8)

I'm away until next Friday on business but PM or e-mail me if you want to book a camping pitch, or ask me or any other committee member if you need further info.

Look forward to meeting you there.

Cheers
Andy

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
are dogs allowed ? is it ?15 per car for camping or per person ?  is camping  included free  with the entry ticket for membership ? anyway glad to see you are back on the forum hairy.
anybody from derbyshire region going let me know and will get a convoy sorted.

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top
Welcome back Andy! Do we have hard standing this time? :pray:

Banner

Back to the top
Jim - Dogs aren't allowed I'm affraid. ?15 is per pitch for camping not per person. Pitch being one tent - (not too large!!) If any further concessions can be made this year will let you all know, but that's how it stands at the minute.

Rajan - I'm waiting to find out. We're on the field again but waiting to see if we can have the carpark if it pours down again.

Cheers
Andy

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Jim - Dogs aren't allowed I'm affraid. ?15 is per pitch for camping not per person. Pitch being one tent - (not too large!!) If any further concessions can be made this year will let you all know, but that's how it stands at the minute.

Rajan - I'm waiting to find out. We're on the field again but waiting to see if we can have the carpark if it pours down again.

Cheers
Andy

Unfortunately, its been advertised that camping and show entry on both days is included in the ?20 membership - see http://www.vwgolfmk1.o…ontent&pa=showpage&pid=18. Its been there for over 7 months. So it looks like the club will have to offer it for free.

Back to the top
AA route planner says it will take me 6 hours..  8O

Poor mk1…  :cry:

Back to the top
Looking on Google Earth at Gaydon. Who does the track belong to behind the museum ?  How about borrowing that too for the weekend  :lol:

Back to the top
I'm no expert, but that definitely looks long enough for a 1/4 mile sprint track!

Back to the top
After all-types being my first show with mk1 owners, i defo want to be at gaydon.
I can make sunday only due to family commitments, what time do i need to be their, and are passes available or needed from here in order to obtain free entry?
Thanks
Pete :wink:

Back to the top
Oh!  I'm going to be in Spain :(  Sorry guys, would've been fun!

Dom

Back to the top

Back to the top

Re: GAYDON 2007

Hairyarse said

Admission for the Sunday is free for members or ?10 per car for non-members - you can buy membership on the day for ?20.

Looks like Chudd has persuaded me to take the drive altho it isnt as far from me as it is for marsredgti !!!!!

I'll pay the ?20 for the membership on the day - been meaning to do that for ages - sorry !!!!

Back to the top
Is it free camping for members?

1991 MK2 Golf G60 20VT

1991 MK2 Golf GTI 16V Oak Green

www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk

Back to the top
Well good news for me, i will be camping it up, 1st experience, so hopefully a good'un, can we arrive at anytime between 1pm sat and 11pm sat or do we have to be their at 1pm.
Plus i am confused as regards the tent pitching, is it 15.00 pounds per tent or free :dontknow:
Also is food available or is it bring your own
Cheers
Pete :wink:

Back to the top
PRICE IS PER TENT, BRING YOUR OWN BOOZE AND FOOD, WHILST DJEV PROVIDES THE TUNES, DANO PROVIDES THE ENTERTAINMENT AFTER A WHILE 8O  :wink:

Dano - are you in the Hilton with me or do you have company?? (enough room for more!)

ANDY I guess you got my PM! IM IN :mrgreen:

86 Christmas Collection Cabby GTi in Saphire Blau!

Back to the top
Folks,

Andy and I have made an executive decision on the camping and I'm delighted to say that this will be complementary for club members and paid for by the club. We have space for 50 campers so please indicate whether you will want a pitch!

Cheers,

Drew.

Once a Mk1 fan, always a Mk1 Fan...

Back to the top
Can i pay for my membership at the 'gate'?

1991 MK2 Golf G60 20VT

1991 MK2 Golf GTI 16V Oak Green

www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk

Back to the top
Buyin a tent this week. I'm spending more than ?8 for it this time and I'm not buying it from ASDA.
Last year was my 1st time camping and I was a bit naive :banghead:

mk1 silver campaign totally standard lowered on coilovers magic tree vanilla

Just had a full outer body restore

Back to the top

Dj Ev said

Buyin a tent this week. I'm spending more than ?8 for it this time and I'm not buying it from ASDA.
Last year was my 1st time camping and I was a bit naive :banghead:

:wink:

Will be good to see you again ev

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top

kriss said

Can i pay for my membership at the 'gate'?

Oh yes - we'll take your money anywhere!! :wink:

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.