Skip navigation

2006 shows???

Back to the top

2006 shows???

i am planning hitting a vee dub show this year and as im coming from inverness,scotland i would like to know which show is best all round, my sister is in london so distance is not a prob as i can stay wi her.

Back to the top
If you're going to go to one show, you may as well go to Bug Jam. Its arguable if its the best, it tends to be very noisy/anarchic. But its the biggest, and its at Santa Pod which means there is also drag racing. If you don't like being kept awake by sub-bass until 4am, then woken by sub-bass at 7am, don't go.

Back to the top
I would say Edition 38

Stay in a nearby hotel for Friday and Sat nights

Top Show

Golf Mk1 Driver '83 - Gti Replica

Polo Mk5 Gti '00 - Slammed on OZ Turbos

2modified.com - MK1GOC Discount Available!

Back to the top
It depens what you are after, in breif

Edition 38, is for the hardcore Dubber, its all top class cars with a bit of entertainment

Bug Jam, is a massive show, mainly air cooled, with huge dance tents.

My fave is VW action, its a propper family show loads of fun, nice chilled out, and plenty of good cars.

Back to the top
Erm, don't forget the MK1 Golf Owners Club annual bash at Gaydon!!! August 13th for 150-200 MK1 Golfs in the same spot! :wink:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
its mk1's im into really and im currently sticking a 16v kr engine in a mk1 so hopefully a modded mk1 so i can steal idea's

Back to the top
Why not pop over to Ultimate Dubs on 5th March in Telford, as we will have over 20 top show quality MK1's on display of various styles within the halls.

We also have a number of Scottish Cars on display!

Visit www.ultimate-dubs.co.uk for further details.

Dean

'76 MK1 Golf

'83 MK1 Golf

'83 MK1 Golf Van

'83 MK1 Golf GTI (LHD)

'77 MK1 Passat Estate

'80 MK1 Polo

Back to the top
what about good'ol international? GTI international was reguarded by many as the ultimate Golf event, this years new location promises better things (bruntingthorpe proving ground - leicestershire) Edition 38 is also highly reguarded.
All depends on what you want, loads of noise and beetles - then go to bug jam,
top quality water cooled standard and modded cars with loads of enthusiasts then ed38 or inters (imho)
there are loads of events tho' and possibly some a lot closer to you to try first.

Back to the top
oh if you like camping then there are lots of different shows where air and watercooled camps do get on with each other like BVF etc

Back to the top
VWNW…Tatton Park, Cheshire.

Not quite as far for you to travel in August!!

Dan

Back to the top

Dano said

VWNW…Tatton Park, Cheshire.

Not quite as far for you to travel in August!!

Dan

Hmmm, only problem is its the same day as Gaydon!

Back to the top

Same day as Gaydon!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO….Same day as Gaydon! ….Tatton park is only 7 miles away from my house and I really wanted to go again this year! No way! Which one do I go to? Bugger! Bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger bugger!  :(

Back to the top
I hadn't noticed that clash….. THATS NOT GOOD  :roll:

Tatton is a MUST on the old calendar for the shows so it clashing  with Gaydon throws a real spanner into the works for me. Tatton is closer, Gaydon is meant to be supported by all who use the site throughout the year.

Not good!!!

Dan

Back to the top
Sorry chaps, avoided most of the dates I knew about. Didn't know VWNW was on at the same time!  :dontknow:

C'mon Walt, 7 miles is hardly enough time to enjoy driving your cabriolet, give it a proper run down Birmingham way! :wink:

Cheers,

Drew.

Once a Mk1 fan, always a Mk1 Fan...

Back to the top

Gaydon!

14 miles of no fly speed, ?1.50 petrol and defend my "Most original GTI!" title….
Or 180 miles of flies, 8O  stone chips 8O  and ?25 petrol! Hmmmmmmmmm :dontknow:

Back to the top
C'mon chaps, support Gaydon and the club!! As has been mentioned, when Gaydon was booked Tatton date hadn't been confirmed, plus don't forget we moved to this date because a lot of people were complaining about Gaydon being on the bank holiday as originally planned.

I know we can't please everyone all of the time but we did go with what the majority were asking for!

Andy

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

gutted

gutted cant go to  any on my honeymoon

Back to the top

Re: gutted

scouse said

gutted cant go to  any on my honeymoon

Bring the missus, sure she wont mind!! :lol:

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Volkfling on 26th to the 28th May at the Agricultural Showgound in Biggar

used to be SCOTTISH VOLKSWAGEN OWNERS FESTIVAL, but the old organiser Jim has thrown in the towel. You should be able to do it in a few hours fi inverness.

Cheers

Back to the top

yea

Bring the missus, sure she wont mind!!

I'm  sure she wouldn't mind,,,,,she's got her own cabby.. :lol: ..but where not in the country……not that I am complaining about that though   :wink:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.