Skip navigation

Lowering my 1990 GTi Cabro

Back to the top

Lowering my 1990 GTi Cabro

I'm looking to lower my cab but as its my first golf I know nothing!! Does anyone have any advise??

I'm looking to get ajustable kit, any recomendations on what to buy and from where would be great. I have 15" OZ Turbo wheels. Dont want to slam it just make it look extramely tidy.

Cheers

K.D.F
That Special Warm Feeling….

Back to the top
I am in the same dilema and i was told Boge were better than the coilovers giving you all the benefits of coilovers but without the harsh ride...obviously with the exception of various height adjustments.

Volkswagens With Attitude

Back to the top
Easy route is to use Boge items from Car Parts & Spares -- Buy Online with Fast UK Delivery | GSF Car Parts at the same time replacing the shockers with Boge gas items .

This lowers the car about 40mm …….and they ride nicely .

Coil overs means ?????? more and can give a harsh ride ,
the choice is yours…

Cheers……………

Back to the top
I went the Weltec route on my cab 40mm drop from (http://candrenterprises.co.uk) looks great but the ride can sometimes be a little rough due to hard bump stops in front! I have also have a set of coilovers that will go on the car at some point K&W's - alot of money but are worth it when I drop large engine in later this year, fully adjustable height and damping adjustable on each corner…

Boge are good quality and price is good too….

Madone with the two Cabs 82 (UK RHD) and 85 (US LHD) (92 sold)

Back to the top
Cheers Guys

Thats all good, I will give it a shot and post pics as and when finished etc.

K.D.F
That Special Warm Feeling….
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.