Skip navigation

GTI suspension on a 1100

Back to the top

GTI suspension on a 1100

Does any one know if i can put GTI suspension on my 1100 and will it make any difference to the handling.  Cheers Phil

Golf c mk1 1100, Needs more power

Back to the top
Yes it will bolt on. I imagine the antirol bars will make the most difference.

Back to the top
yes it does, however due to the difference in weight between gti and 1.1 ride will be affected(firm to very firm) and ride height(high)!

Rusty Hookers Dub Club

Back to the top
not sure if I am right as I havent got around to doing mine yet, but I think you may need to change the track control arms in order to have the anti roll bar. I remember reading somewhere that the small block cars dont have anything for the ARB to attach to.

Back to the top
Not sure if you would need gti wishbones as the front ARB bolts to it, also you might need a rear beam as well for the same reason (ARB), cant remember if they have the locations on the smaller engined cars. But loads of people are using non gti shells now so someone on here must know.

Mk1 Lahsa green, BBS RM, Mk1 Silver Campaign, Mk5 GT TDi, Audi A4 Avant S Line

Back to the top
You can drill the holes in both the arms and rear beam, but you might want to have a GTi to compare to whilst you do it.

Back to the top
The wishbones only cost fifteen quid each from GSF and they come with the fitting kit, worth it for the price i reckon :y:

Munky

83 Mk1 16v - Under Construction

93 BMW 318is

Back to the top
maybe ill be investing in a new set of arms then!!

Back to the top
Had a look at my rear beam last night and looks like you could upgrade a non gti version if you get the straps that hold the ARB ends. They go around the swing arms and locate it with a bush  :)

Mk1 Lahsa green, BBS RM, Mk1 Silver Campaign, Mk5 GT TDi, Audi A4 Avant S Line
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.