Skip navigation

Coilovers ?189.00. Cheap Rubbish or Bargain Handling?

Back to the top

Coilovers ?189.00. Cheap Rubbish or Bargain Handling?

Does anyone know what those Hottuning Coilovers on Ebay for ?190.00 are like? I'm a great believer in 'buy cheap-buytwice'.

I'm not too clued up with suspension, I fitted a G-Max kit to my old G40 and it was sweet as a daily driver, but i dont want to compromise the golfs handling, any ideas? Cheers. :?

She needs PREMIUM DUDE, PREEEMIUMMMM, DUUUUDE!!!!

Back to the top
Probably worth doing a search for similar threads, I'm sure this has come up before somewhere….

Back to the top
Gotcha. Cheers, should have thought of that in the first place.

Back to the top
Just to reiterate, i ended up buying these raceland type cheapo coilies and theyve been awesom. well worth the money for a car i rarely drive (sadly)

Back to the top
They will be very crashy and poor quality. But it depends what you are after. If you don't want to spend thousands but want good ride quality go for AP coilovers. I've had three sets on three different cars and they are great. all mine were in the £500 range which is great for what they are. 

Small things like plastic adjusting rings means they don't seize to the strut body. Never greased mine and ran them all year round and never had a problem adjusting them.

Back to the top
AP's are £355 but here is a list of some others.

http://www.awesomegti.com/parts/suspension/coilovers?model=113

Back to the top
Ive just orderd APs from demon weeks, been asking around and only had good comments about them.  
Nothing but bad comments about the cheap stuff on ebay..

Instagram Firemandan1

Back to the top
£355 is a bargain 
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.