Skip navigation

BAM (225bhp) Engine wanted...

Back to the top

BAM (225bhp) Engine wanted...

Am after a BAM engine with all ancillaries for a conversion, though they don't seem to be the easiest things to find recently, anyone that wants to sell one or knows of where to source one of these engines, much appreciated…cash waiting

Laurence

Back to the top
Why are you set on a BAM ?

I went through all this and on my 20vt went for a AGU much cheaper and yes not 225bhp but with a remap its putting out 200bhp, obviously i can upgrade further for more power.

The AGU has stronger internals than the BAM as well.

In fact im doing another 20vt and i have just brought a 1.8T Passat to break a AEB and its a matter of swapping things over ie sump inlet manifold etc but for the price so so cheap large port like the AGU as well is the BAM large port ??

Up to you i guess but you WILL pay over the odds for a BAM, i like the way they are piped but that it but saying that you can pipe a AGU AEB etc that way with a new inlet manifold ( Hard to find the correct large port one though granted as there are only two large port RHS inlets )

I have a AEB spare if you want it cheap £450.00

Back to the top
"I have a AEB spare if you want it cheap £450.00"

Thanks for the offer though I have been told to get the BAM engine by a reliable source who have many years experience in engine conversions, so that's what I shall buy!

Back to the top
The AJH engine is one always over looked its the large port head 150bhp and the inlet sweeps in from the right… which makes for a tidy install in the mk1 (better than the AGU)

Its also cable throttle, same as AGU

I've seen complete donors go for £750

MK1 83 Jetta… 2ltr 16v ACE
MK1 88 caddy pickup 20VT soon
MK2 Golf 90spec 2ltr ABF coming soon
T5 TDI

Back to the top
"with all his years of experience"  he must have given you a reason as if you read Vortex and loads of other sites they all say the same thing, but hey its your cash.

Good luck

Back to the top

dubassasin said

The AJH engine is one always over looked its the large port head 150bhp and the inlet sweeps in from the right… which makes for a tidy install in the mk1 (better than the AGU)

Its also cable throttle, same as AGU

I've seen complete donors go for £750

Harder to find than a BAM imho as only on a VW Sharan 1.8T  or Seat Alhambra 1.8T as you know 1997 - 2000 i have been looking for a inlet manifold from one for months !!!!

Back to the top
There not that easy to come across,  but they are the better choice over the AGU

…. All good things come to those who wait…

MK1 83 Jetta… 2ltr 16v ACE
MK1 88 caddy pickup 20VT soon
MK2 Golf 90spec 2ltr ABF coming soon
T5 TDI

Back to the top
Same internals i thought ?

My opinion is my next 20vt is going to be…..

Different Turbo
Different Pistons
Different Rods
Different Sump
Different Valves

etc etc etc etc so i guess it doest matter what "base" engine i start with and that is my point.

I still cant understand people buying a BAM @ greatly over inflated prices though.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.