Skip navigation

256mm brake upgrade vauxhall to vw

Back to the top

256mm brake upgrade vauxhall to vw

hi people,
 today i spoke to company who remanufacture/ recondition vauxhall calibra/astra/cavalier 2.0 16v brake calipers, these are the 256mm ones and the 280mm calipers (as  fitted to the 4x4s ect), and the ones which fit on our beloved mk1s,
 i told john that i was  fitting the calipers to a mk1 golf and he seemed suprised, john said he had loads of sets and if any of you mk1 owners would like a set to then please ring him and quote this  ref no. EC41829 (256mm calipers). please mention this message and he'll sort you out a real cheap price (ive  been looking around and the price  is about  70 quid plus p & p plus more if you aint got a old set to send back!.
johns number is 08453008011.
hope this thread helps
cheers ed.

if you cant fix it then its broke

Back to the top
Don't need any myself, but good call  8)

Whos the company out of interest?

Mk1 Golf 16V Conversion FAQ Zip, now located at in the Forum WIKI section: http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=42%2F26%2F3

Back to the top
I picked up a set with carriers etc for 40 quid at a local scrappy. Theres loads about.

Are these ones recon'd?

Back to the top
I think that's the point, 'remanufactured/reconditioned'.

As you say, second hand ones ?25-50 a pair.

Mk1 Golf 16V Conversion FAQ Zip, now located at in the Forum WIKI section: http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=42%2F26%2F3

Back to the top

ManicGTI said

I think that's the point, 'remanufactured/reconditioned'.

As you say, second hand ones ?25-50 a pair.

Opps, sorry having a moment there :oops:  :lol:

They sound good for the money.

Pete.

Back to the top
They're not that common in scrappies, firstly they don't tend to have high spec cars in that often, and secondly these calipers are the prime choice for an upgrade for Corsa and Astra modifiers too. So the scrappies tend to know the worth of them, etc. (So its all relative). Still easier to find than the Audi caliper/carrier upgrade though!

Back to the top

paul_c said

They're not that common in scrappies, firstly they don't tend to have high spec cars in that often, and secondly these calipers are the prime choice for an upgrade for Corsa and Astra modifiers too. So the scrappies tend to know the worth of them, etc. (So its all relative). Still easier to find than the Audi caliper/carrier upgrade though!

Agree with you on the audi carriers, when you do find some on the net there always over priced, esp if on ed38 :lol:

Seemed to be quite a few in my localy scrappy, probably because the early vectra is the new chav'lier :wink:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.