Skip navigation

1993 Mk1 Engine Larger Injectors.

Back to the top

1993 Mk1 Engine Larger Injectors.

Hiii. Looking to put larger injectors into my near enough standard engine. Anyone know what size injectors i need and easiest way of replacing? Cheers.

Back to the top
Why?

All it will do is overfuel.
The injection pulse widths will have to be adjusted shorter by the ecu and driveability will suffer.

The stock injectors are more than adequate even on a mildly modified motor.
Its a pointless modification unless youre getting more air in there to burn.
Sorry to be negative but theres no positive point to it on a stock motor, hope that saves you some money. :)

Back to the top
OK thanks. I was talking to a guy yesterday and he was raving on about it so i thought why not i see where your coming from so think i will save my money :) cheers for your help.

Back to the top
No problem, glad to help. :)

Back to the top
Kjet does not use an ECU !!
It is mechanical constant injection system (CIS), all 4 injectors spray fuel all of the time. The metering head alters the amount of fuel the injectors pass based on airflow flow through the metering cone. The pump generates the pressure and the WUR creates the control presure that controls how far the metering head pin moves for a given airflow.

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top

lhasadreams said

Kjet does not use an ECU !!
It is mechanical constant injection system (CIS), all 4 injectors spray fuel all of the time. The metering head alters the amount of fuel the injectors pass based on airflow flow through the metering cone. The pump generates the pressure and the WUR creates the control presure that controls how far the metering head pin moves for a given airflow.

k-jet wasnt fitted to 93 cars digipants was hence the ecu would need a remap to cope with the injectors  :wink:

Back to the top
The wifes August 1993 Sportline is KJet

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
some were digifant might have been the change over who knows ???

Back to the top
Ecu or kjet, makes no odds to the fact that larger injectors in a stock engine wont do a thing apart from make it run worse…twas all i was saying.
Im well aware of the differences of kjet vs digifant vs motronic etc. ;)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.