Skip navigation

100mm/90mm driveshafts

Back to the top

100mm/90mm driveshafts

does anyone have a definitive answer as to the converting of 90mm shafts to 100mm. the more i search the less i know. i don't like the idea of not putting the circlip in. and are the overall lenghts an issue?

Back to the top
mk2 driveshafts are slightly longer however i ran mk2 driveshafts in a mk1 a few years back with no issues

also you thought of running 90mm ones? why not upgrade once you have the car on the road its just a case of swapping the gearbox flanges no big issues

i know people running 20vt lumps on 90mm flanges

Back to the top
yes, i did debate about swapping flanges. paulc had no issues with 90mm ones and i don't recall the turbo technic conversions having issues and they had a lot more torque than an abf. it's more lazyness than anything else

Back to the top
thing to do is replace the 90mm ones with new items then go from there i reckon they will last you doing 1/4 miles racing in it?

Back to the top
im only using 90mm ones on a turbo diesel,no worries either
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
i think its more myth than anything to be honest good 90mm ones will do the job and if they dont then you get 100mm ones later by which time you may find a cheap set

but now they are rare people are selling them for stupid money which sucks they should be ashamed lol

Back to the top
I ended up buying another gearbox to get a set of 90mm flanges in the end :o  :lol:

Back to the top
how much does a set of 100mm ones fetch then?
Bert

Back to the top
£100

Back to the top

bens_cab said

£100

8O
found a set off a j reg cabby i cut up,there 100mm thought they were 90  8)
Bert

Back to the top

Bert said

bens_cab said

£100

8O
found a set off a j reg cabby i cut up,there 100mm thought they were 90  8)
Bert

winner give them the tag  RARE 100MM CABBY DRIVESHAFTS £150 all day long in the for sale section  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
you've accidently put a 0 on the end of that figure

Back to the top
8O
Bert

Back to the top
yep, its crazy the money they want for 100mm shafts :evil: , i ended
up using the corrado shafts with mk1 outer cv's for my 02A conversion,
never had any trouble's and cheap to do 8)

Back to the top
some people use mk2 shafts without any issues

Back to the top
I'm just using a mk2 shaft for the passenger side, (same part number as late mk1 cabriolet…) and Rallye driveshaft on the driver's side due to the transfer box.

Both fit perfectly, a set of mk2 shafts should fit fine for what you need. The outer CV joints cause a bit of an issue with the bearing carriers, but if you've got them off, just get them turned to remove a little material. Alternatively, use mk1 outer CV joints.

1983 Polo CL - daily

1984 Golf G60 Syncro - sold

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1992 Corrado G60 - crushed

1989 Polo C - chopped and crushed

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top
funny how people do use mk2 shafts i remembr 3 or 4 years ago getting shot down in flames for even contemplating it lol

i know they fit i used them on a old cabby years ago when i was to tight to replace the inners

good info john

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.