Skip navigation

020->20vt & Timing Belt Tensioner.

Back to the top

020->20vt & Timing Belt Tensioner.

Hey Everyone,

I cant seem to find a couple of the bolts that attach the o2o gearbox to the 20vt block, weres the best place to get them and how much are they??

Also my front mount well the metal bracket from the box to the frame is broken but the insert seems in good condition, were can this be purchased apart from dealer.  :dontknow:

I also purchased a mk2 16v tensioner from euro car parts but there was no bolt with it, can I use the one from the hydralic tensioner on the block when swapping them??

Hope Yall Can Shed Sum Light

Cheers
 8)

Back to the top
Hi mate try a vw breakers for the bolts and mount or the for sale section on this forum people are always selling spares . The cambelt tensioner from the 20v can be modified by scrapping the tensioner adjuster and keeping the tensioner wheel simpily fit a locking washer on the end of the bolt fit the bolt through the tensioner wheel and fit another washer on the end of the bolt this will lock the tensioner wheel where ever you want it. I have used this method succesfully on my conversion for 3 years. I also use a small amount of thread lock on the bolt. just check the thickness of the washer because this can efect the alignment of the tensioner! Or use the 16v jobbie which uses a stud into the head with a locking nut ,vw breakers  :D

Back to the top
Hey Man
cheers for the reply,

I fiddled about with the original 20vt tensioner pulley and it seems to lock  but i dont feel too comfortable with it, although its basically identical to the 16v one when the tensioner adjuster arm is removed, except theres a extra lobe that comes out the 20vt pulley the that measures about 10mm think maybe this could be an advantage! maybe i will give your washer trick a bash.  any pics?

Also Ive got a mk2 16v tensioner, anyone happen to know the part number for the stud in the head m8  :dontknow:

Anybody else using the original 20vt tensioner pulley??

Back to the top
I left the tensioner arm attached as this enables you to manually adjust the belt will try and take some pics  :wink:

Back to the top
i used a kr tensioner and a lock bolt with a spacing washer on mine works fine

you can use the kr tensioner stud too

Back to the top
Hey ben,

Which is the kr tensioner??

Have you guys any close ups or pics please??

Cheers

Back to the top
I think by kr tensioner Ben means the 16v Mk2 "kr" engine code tensioner - spaced 8mm from the block with washers.

Back to the top
Kool Cheers,

Ive got a mk2 16v mount but noticed on my 8v block that theres a  stud that comes out anyone know the part number for that??

Just lookin at the different options.

Grover were can i get them locking washers and is there a certain size and thickness???

Cheers Guys

:)

Back to the top
you will need to use the 16v stud or get a nice looking bolt :lol:

Back to the top
the bolt seems to be aboout 5 n a1/2" tried a few random ones from the engine, no joy tho, anyone got a part no as i aint even got enough threads to put the nut on the tensioner if i use washers to make the 8mm clerance using the stud!

Any opinions welcome

Cheers
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.