Skip navigation

Value of 1982 with golf gl with 26,000 miles

Back to the top

Value of 1982 with golf gl with 26,000 miles

Need some advice!

Ive been looking for a mk1 golf for a while and found this one:

Its local and ive seen it about, looks really good!

What do you think?  Too good to be true?  The price is pretty low!

Cheers

Back to the top
wow looks very tidy, very cheap to, almost to good to be true, nab that up before anyone else does

sproutsy

Back to the top
Yeah its really nice!  I know the guy who owns it from school, maybe he doesnt realise how much its worth?

Back to the top
looks sweet m8, yh cheap might be reason behind who knows just go over it with intentions off finding something, anything wrong,

personal thoughts are why is a car off such low millage having issues with gear linkage and head.

head work could surgest it may off had dodgy thermostat which lead it to overheat,

gear linkage at 26,000 hmmm its hard a hard life in such a low millage ???

those two combined would surgest to me perhaps millage is not so legit afterall,

but this is only speculation like i said go over well, £1600 dream find or money chucked away at rubbish

hopefully has just had some old doris driving it once a week for the last 25 plus years, this person brought it dirt cheap from them and is just after a quick easy sale and honestly selling at a reasonable profit to there selfs,

good luck fella let us know how u get on,

Back to the top
I suspect it's had rear arch work as it ought to have the small, leading edge arch spats on it so have a close look and feel around here to make sure it's solid. Quiz the owner a bit about that too

DubPartz

Back to the top
Looks great, get them phoned and go see it - I know you wanted advice and help but there are some sneaky buggers on this forum and now that you've posted it up they'll happily jump in and buy it before you.

Good luck!

Mk1 Golf floor mats - for tin top and cabriolet - Zero7796 17298Five

Back to the top
totaly agree with gav, even on parts wanted i've known people to jump the que, you offer someone something 5 mins later someone else posts pm'd to the wanting person, etc, alls fair in love and war as they say

Back to the top
Thats cheapo if milege checks out - would not be suprised if that gets bagged and goes up on ebay with large 'scene' tax added

Mk1'83 G60
Mk1'82 2.0L 8v
Mk1'93 GTI
Sportline

Back to the top

jinsta said

Thats cheapo if milege checks out - would not be suprised if that gets bagged and goes up on ebay with large 'scene' tax added

Not if i get there first!  My only problem is I need to sell my alfa romeo first.  So it might be gone by the time i've sold it.  Hopefully not!

Back to the top
I'd delete the advert link out of your first post mate, otherwise you've got no chance!  :doh:

Back to the top

GavB95 said

I'd delete the advert link out of your first post mate, otherwise you've got no chance!  :doh:

Done!  Im going to go see it on saturday!  Just need to get rid of this dam alfa!

Back to the top
Good stuff, good luck with it mate - if you know the guy from school you could ask him to hold it for a deposit or even suggest to swap it for the Alfa.  :wink:

Let us know how you get on.  8)

Back to the top

GavB95 said

Good stuff, good luck with it mate - if you know the guy from school you could ask him to hold it for a deposit or even suggest to swap it for the Alfa.  :wink:

Let us know how you get on.  8)

Definitely!  I could easily put quite a big deposit down on it if I cancel the insurance on the alfa.  Haha, my alfa is a dog! The most beautiful, glorious sounding dog ever.  But a dog none the less.

Back to the top
sorry to hijack but i just posted a question about mileage and seems relevant here.

do the 1.1 clocks only go to 99,999 with a red partial mile counter an extra digit? if so how do you know how many times around the clock it has been?

Back to the top
Am I the only one thinking £1600 is over priced?

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.