Skip navigation

Value 1983 Mk1 Gti

Back to the top

Value 1983 Mk1 Gti

Hey, I have a Mk1 GTI 1983 115k miles.  The car is was only on the road until 1991 then dry stored as the guy was going to restore it. He was getting divorced so car had to go and i bought it.  It only had one patch of rust around rear washer jet before restoration.  Its now Alpine white and has had alot of work. I have posted a link to it below of what it was like a year ago.  Car is almost finished now.  All new bushings and full brakes.  Everything replaced.  My Dads friend is a VW mechanic and has rebuilt the engine with new clutch and gearbox bushen kit.  It now has a 2.0 bottom end for some more torque as the guy had a low milage one sitting from a mk3.  Coilovers and BBS RM 7.5 x 15 I plan to sell it after MOT.. I checked if it was a campain model and chassis number DW but number matches the ones from this site telling me its a campaign..  

I woul dlike to know what it might be worth as I see some with rust and stuff for ?3k so is ?6k to much or to little..

http://www.gtini.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3334

Thanks in advance

Back to the top
6k+ is what people pay for a mint 'original' MK1 and the price a mint original example commands .

Mint modified car's are a different ball game and in my view the finished car is worth what someone will pay for it . Need to see the finished article .

Credit crunch has produced some bargains !  :D

Back to the top
Unfortunately Mk1 Golf GTIs, even nice ones, don't command the same value as an Aston Martin or Bugatti or whatever, so it tends to be uneconomical to properly restore one, then sell it on at a profit. If you've restored it why not keep it and use it for its intended purpose?

Back to the top
I'll chuck my 2p in :)

It sounds really nice, but I don't think it sounds like it's quite modified enough for a ?6k price tag.

I'd say either really highly modified stuff, or super original stuff might get there.
Mods wise I mean suspension (probably air??), wheels, possibly bigger brakes and a fairly exotic or difficult engine conversion.

You've got coils and nice wheels fair enough, but I reckon it would need to be something like a G60 or VR6 to reach that kind of cash.

Mat

Back to the top
Cheers, thanks anyway.  I want a car to mess with and not worry to much and wrecking it.  Might change the other halfs car and just lease a 197 cup or vxr astra so you drive the head off it and hand it back not worrying about it breaking lol….

Just Keep it now and put a few thousand mile a year on it on the good days we get in N.I……
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.