Skip navigation

Oettinger 200bhp left hooker?

Back to the top

Oettinger 200bhp left hooker?

Hi all,

Whilst working on my mk1 somebody approached me telling me that he used to own a Oettinger 2.0 left hand driver W reg mk1 with 200bhp back in 1990 - now ive heard of Oettinger but know very little about them?

I take it they were/are a tuning company? Are many of these golfs still about?

Back to the top
I have a 2.0 8v oettinger in mine, rhd y plate but its approx 150bhp, would be nice if it did have 200 though

Back to the top

Back to the top
dubboy has a ottenger 16s and a gti engineering car with a 16s lump.

I hate him :lol:

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top
mine isn't 2 tone, i don't think its the origonal engine, possibly from a mk2 or something

Back to the top
Are you sure that it's an Oettinger engine, and not just a rocker cover?

1983 Polo CL - daily

1984 Golf G60 Syncro - sold

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1992 Corrado G60 - crushed

1989 Polo C - chopped and crushed

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top
not 100% sure no, i guess the head needs to come off to check, their 2.0l 8v's were overbored 1.8 bottom end with reworked head so nothing blatant to tell me its genuine. they didnt stamp the blocks did they?, its definately not standard though as its proper lively!
i wont be too dissapointed if its not the real deal as its going to end up with a g60 in it anyhow.

Back to the top
the oettinger two liter was overbored yes but the main thing is mainly the crank which was differente 94.5 mm unstead of 86.4 mm so with little bigger pistons you could reach 2.1 liter this is mainly with the stroke that you could realise if it s a real oettinger
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.