Skip navigation

Mk1 GTI 11th in top 100 cars

Back to the top

Mk1 GTI 11th in top 100 cars

Just waddled over to PistonHeads whilst everyone else at work eats their dinner, andthe 'official' top 100 cars of all time list has surfaced.

It (obviously) list the top 100 cars judged by the PistonHeads users - and the Mk1 GTI was 11th!

you can see the entire list here and see what we beat, and what we didn't - it makes for interesting reading of what people think are great cars ;)

1983 Golf 1.3 Driver:  

Back to the top
Very interesting, and bound to spark many a debate.

Personally, I don't think the Mazda MX5 belongs on the list, let alone in the top 10!

Also, not a real fan of any "Supercar" as the vast majority of the people on the planet will never see one, let alone own one.

As much as the mini is a British classic, and I can understand why it might have got the top spot, I disagree wit this getting that accolade…

Nice to see the old Audi Quattro up there in the top 10 though!

Mk1 did very well to get to No 11, especially with all those F*rd and Va*haul fans out there!

Back to the top
Ford Transit did well  :D

Back to the top
Great to see the renault 5 beating an aston martin.  :D

1983 1.5gl cabriolet in yellow, its the nuts!

Back to the top
:| Metro 6r4 95th ?

Back to the top
should have made the top 5 imo. People forget the mk1 golf GTI was an ICONIC car. It started the whole "hot hatch" thing and was around before any of the "SRI's", GTI's, and such like. Everyone else just followed when they realised the success of a small, light and well balanced hatchback.

Back to the top
Quattro 5th :) ...i do like those

"Mk1 Golf Gti..all things to all men"

Back to the top

adi1987 said

should have made the top 5 imo. People forget the mk1 golf GTI was an ICONIC car. It started the whole "hot hatch" thing and was around before any of the "SRI's", GTI's, and such like. Everyone else just followed when they realised the success of a small, light and well balanced hatchback.

I think the Renault 5 pre-dated the golf to being a hatchback and then the first Hot-hatch when the Gordini Turbo came out.
I have both, but the golf it better of course!

Back to the top
Alfasud also pre-dated the GTI.

Back to the top
So did the Chevette HS

83 GTi Campaign in diamond silver

62 BMW 330d M Sport f30 in estoril blue

12 Transporter t32 sportline swb kombi 180 in white

09 Ducati Streetfighter in pearl white

07 Suzuki king quad 700 in red
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.