Skip navigation

MK1 GOLF LS 1979

Back to the top

MK1 GOLF LS 1979

Hi newbie here. my dad has a mk1 golf and wants me to sell it for him as he is getting to old to drive now. I myself used to have a MK1 cabrio 1.8GLS in yellow a few years back and found it to be a good car :)
i am in two minds about either selling it or maybe do it up and keep it. the car is a 1979 red golf LS with sunroof (this has not been opened for over 30 years) so could be interesting. the car over the years has had much body work repairs carried out (tin worm dents in tesco's etc) but generally is in quite good shape. It does need the black cover for rear wheel arch which dad lost in sainsbury's car park a few years back (ouch) He never even fitted a radio in it and car interior is like it was back in good old 79 :)
my question really is what is the car worth in present condition ?  any advise appreciated cheers

Back to the top
A few pictures would be helpful, otherwise its hard to say

Back to the top
ok will get some pics done :)

Back to the top
I have pm'd you mate.

Back to the top
I think you need to post the pictures on the forum for a better chance of a sale!

Banner

Back to the top
i would definitly reccomend keeping it for yourself as they are getting hard to find now, and if your not sure how much its worth, then someone will just end up taking it off you for a silly price and getting thereselves a right bargain

Back to the top
pictures or your lying.

sproutsy

Back to the top
thanks for tips, once i get the car from my dad i will post some pics.
(sproutsy) lying ? do you think i would sit here typing this for fun ?

Back to the top
Hello.

Might have an interest in this. Is it a 3 door or a 5 door?

Thanks

Flan

'79 GL - Jack's back!

Back to the top
yea get the pics up man, put a clearer thought about it

Back to the top
Hi I PM'd you the other day.
Is the car a 3 door or 5 door?
Also is the sunroof a metal one or glass?
I have been looking for a early golf with sunroof, and would be interested if you are selling.
Where are you based?

Thanks Nigel

Back to the top
hi all have the car now how do you upload pics to site ? please advise

Back to the top
I think there is a thread on this site somewhere which explains how to post, you will need to upload your photos to photobucket first though.

1989 MK1 Golf Clipper
1999 Ford Cougar 2.5 v6 (soon the nightmare will be over and car gone)

Back to the top

series 1

hi, are you still thinking of selling it?

Back to the top
hi all for anyone who may be interested i have listed the car on a well known auction site e**y and to find it just type in 1979 VOLKSWAGEN GOLF LS RED and that should bring it up

Back to the top
Why dont you put the link up with a short description in the "Third party links" section on this forum buddy?

Oh and FYI, I'd put your buy it now price up a bit.  :wink:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.