Skip navigation

mk1 20v conversion 020 gearbox! yes or no

Back to the top

any experiencs with one of these straped to a 1.8t

new to the site, so dont know if im doin the correct thing, any advise on a 020 gearbox on a 1.8t agu, hope i can help others some time!

Back to the top
no, if i can break an 020 with an 8v engine, the 20v with rip it apart before you know it.

Back to the top
thought you would say that, gonna fit it and just run it till it gives up! aint cost me anythink ,just fittment time but they're a piece of cake to fit! ill have to upload some pics of my build!

Back to the top
Have o2a mounts at the ready and a box lol! 

My 16v hates the o2o let alone a 20v!

Back to the top
Thanks defo keep that in mind, are they cable or rod change and are they hyd clutch! I know it's the right way to go! Just intrested to see how long a 020 will last! Lol

Back to the top
Can get cable change or rod change boxes. 

Hydraulic and cable. There's a few about but if upgrading you want to be getting god ratios. Believe it or not there's a box off a maestro that's rod change/cable clutch that's got very long gears and fits on!!

Back to the top

Brad. said

Can get cable change or rod change boxes. 

Hydraulic and cable. There's a few about but if upgrading you want to be getting god ratios. Believe it or not there's a box off a maestro that's rod change/cable clutch that's got very long gears and fits on!!
Hi brad im new on hear and also looking at dropping thr 20v in my mk1 golf clipper,do you know anymore on the maestro box (which fits) i can get hold of a 2000cc off a diesle, have you any idea if this fits?? Thanks 
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.