Skip navigation

mk1 1.1 1982

Back to the top

mk1 1.1 1982

alrite.

im just seeking abit advice on my 1.1 i ran the petrol really low and now i think it has air locked r something i filled it up with ?10 worth the other day but the noticed that the fuel fillter is dried up!! also it hasnt ran in a week but turns over fine>

any quick fix to this please thanks joel

Back to the top

Re: mk1 1.1 1982

joelp said

alrite.

im just seeking abit advice on my 1.1 i ran the petrol really low and now i think it has air locked r something i filled it up with ?10 worth the other day but the noticed that the fuel fillter is dried up!! also it hasnt ran in a week but turns over fine>

any quick fix to this please thanks joel

open the aircleaner box and put a small drop of petrol down the carb and should start then

Back to the top
Sounds like you may have sucked some crap up into your system from the bottom of the tank and blocked the fuel lines or pump. Use a compesser and blow the lines out up to the filter and check the pump.

I may be wrong but thats what it sounds like from the information given. Also i wouldnt advise you to keep turning the engine as that could make things a whole lot worse.

Back to the top
I would check for crap first BUT………….

Small block engines have a mechanical fuel pump on the head, and they can take a while to suck enough fuel from the tank if you have run it completly dry.  Try sucking on the fuel inlet and see if you can get some fuel up.

Tastes great :mrgreen:

Driver driver.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.