Skip navigation

Help

Back to the top

Help

Hi there i dont know if im right to be in ere but i have a VW golf gti and i am getting a knocking noise from the back drivers side wheel under breaking and also when turning right. My car has been in a airport car park for the last 3 weeks and i had no trouble with it when i drove to the airport. Could it have anything to do with standing in freezing conditions or is it something more mechanical??? :dontknow:    :(   

Cheers

Back to the top
difficult to say without seeing it, it would be fairly unusual for it to be caused by not moving for 3 weeks, but then again this is fairly unusual weather we have been having. :dontknow:

Back to the top
might be worth  looking at the handbrake cable …they can come unclipped from the axle and rub against the wheel ….

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top
check your wheel nuts/bolts someone might have tried to nick your wheels :twisted:

Back to the top
The two instances that it occurs under, braking and turning a corner are roughly doing the same thing to the car, ie. unloading the rear suspension. If you brake then the weight of the car transfers forward thus unloading the rear suspension. Likewise when yoiu turn right the weight is transfered to the left hand side of the car. So its possibly a loose shocker or knackered bush or loose / dodgy rear wheel bearing on the off side. You need to get it up in the air and have a good old push and pull around and then you will see whats wrong. Just be aware though, that a knocking sound that appears to be coming from the rear could so easily be coming from somewhere else. Sound transfer is a funny old thing sometimes.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.