Skip navigation

Haynes Manual for 1990 Cabriolet

Back to the top

Haynes Manual for 1990 Cabriolet

Hi all can you help me… I cannot figure which manual suits our 1990 Cabriolet 1.8… everyone tels me it is the same as a Mk 1 GTI except for roof and some trim differences. But I cannot figure out if the Haynes Manuals is correct or is there a better solution?

1. Volkswagen Golf, Jetta & Scirocco Mk 1 Haynes Part No. 726
Golf Hatchback, Jetta Sedan (inc. most features of Golf Convertible). 1457, 1471, 1588 & 1781cc petrol 1974-84.

2.Volkswagen Golf & Jetta Mk 2 Mar 1984-Feb 92 Haynes Part No. 1081
Golf Hatchback & Van, Jetta Sedan (Mk 2) (inc 16-valve) (not 4x4). 1043, 1272, 1595 & 1781cc petrol.
HELP

Thanks

Mark

Back to the top
i have the same problem as i have a 1990 cabby gti. i have the mk1 manual and this seems to cover most stuff. although there are a few bits that aren't covered.

i wouldn't really bother getting the mk2 manual as it won't really have much in it relevant to the cabby, amybe some engine stuff but all that'll be in the mk1 manual anyway.

i've bought a bentley manual from the states, apparently these are alot more indepth and cover the models better.

depends how much you're going to be doing on it but there are a few other manuals out there.

cheers

Chris

Need your console repaired or mods done? drop me a pm:)

Back to the top
Thanks.

Off I go to get a Mk 1 book on ebay…

I am in Australia… so there are not many parts etc here… well not compared to the UK.

Thanks

Again

Back to the top
ah rite, the bentleys are meant to be good too, i dunno how easy they'd be for you to pick up?

this is another book i'm going to get her

and depending how indepth you are going this is another good one i have here , it explains things a little more clearly, with some good tips etc, it focuses on the mk1 cab and tin top

hth

Chris

Need your console repaired or mods done? drop me a pm:)

Back to the top
The Bentley Manual ( Click ) is a great book and you will find pretty much everything you'll ever need to know.
The two books that Chris lists would definitely be a good buy too.

Banner

Back to the top
There's a copy of the bentley one online as a pdf file.
I'll see if I can find it.

It was on the rocco register a few weeks back.

Back to the top
Any joy with the manual anoyone?

KingKhan GTI

Back to the top
here you go, click on the download link and off you go

The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

hope helps

chris

Chris

Banner

Back to the top

Back to the top

Taffygoat said

aircooled1968 said

here you go, click on the download link and off you go

The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

hope helps

chris

Hello and good evening for everyone.

does anyone have another link to download this or at least one of these workshop manuals?
it will be very usefull for the "restauration" process with a nice but unfortunatelly Mk1 rescued by my uncle and myself.
it will be a "build not bought" process.. finally "emeterio" as the mk1 called since………..yesterday… finally we will expect a "made in my garage" car.

thanx!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.