Skip navigation

4WD 400bhp - gotta be lightening fast......

Back to the top

4WD 400bhp - gotta be lightening fast......

Back to the top
Great spec!  Wouldn't mind a go at that myself.

Banner

Back to the top
not bad yawn only 400bhp

:lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
I wonder if there's any proven figures to back up the 400bhp wheels claim?

2 1983 Campains (concours & track)
1985 Blue GTi Ragtop
2001 Bora Estate TDi SE (very very rare)
2000 Golf TDI commuter
2005 T5 Transporter with 394000 miles on it!

Back to the top
no under chassis pics!? 276degree cams and turbo? is that not a tad too much cam for 16v turbo? can't imagine it driving around town very well.

Back to the top
I had a 276 cam in my G60 Rallye and it ticked over and drove nice, could be a bit more "lumpy" with twins in a 16v i guess :dontknow:
I bet that absolutely rips when the turbos in though!! the car needs a fair bit of TLC to get it up to show standard though :wink:  looks like a sleeper at the mo which is good i suppose, and many many M5 beemer drivers wondering what hit them as an X reg golf leaves them for dead :lol:

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top
I'd want a proper look over that if I was spending ?6k, but I like the way they've kept it understated, maybe we should request some upskirt shots  8O  :wink:

2 1983 Campains (concours & track)
1985 Blue GTi Ragtop
2001 Bora Estate TDi SE (very very rare)
2000 Golf TDI commuter
2005 T5 Transporter with 394000 miles on it!

Back to the top
that was in golf+ a couple of months ago ,blew up a drive shaft when the photo shoot was done.

thought this was up for 12k before?

lhasa green 83 gti tintop MOT passed Aug '14 after nearly 12 years!
Audi A6 3.0 tdi Avant Quattro Le Mans 305bhp 

Back to the top
it would be good to see just how the floor pans been done,it could be a bit of a mess :dontknow: and if its eating drive shafts then its either too low and the angles are wrong or too extreme or its just not lined up properly! which is a bit of a worry :? , or it could just be the amount of grunt it has rippiping them out 8O  either way none of those parts are cheap or easy to find, if it was the haldex set up it would be better, at least its not so rare and unobtainable

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top
I would have it in a second if i could only find the ?6000

Back to the top
I thought a 4x4 would have a high boot floor? Looks normal to me?

Not saying it not a 4x4 but I would want shots of the transmission tunnel.

www.cw-se.com

"Video et taceo"

Back to the top
I re-read the article last night from Golf+ March this year and the spare wheel well has been removed to cater for drive train and rear axle etc

When they tested it broke a driveshaft so didnt get proper figures - there is a lot of custom made stuff on this and if anything went wrong I expect it would take some ?'s to fix

Back to the top
I think 400hp is a bit optimistic .

A days valeting would help sell it .

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.