Skip navigation

1982 mk1 golf registration v5 and plates

Back to the top

1982 mk1 golf registration v5 and plates

Hi everyone

Got a 82 mk1 shell which I'm currently building, didn't come with any papers or plates etc, but has got VIN number, went to local dvla to try and get v5 and they couldn't  find it on system nd said it could be import or non GB car so was told to ring Vw uk which I done  and they found it on their system as a GB car ,and said dvla should be able to find it,

Ay suggestions whst to do now or how I can go about finding number plates and v5 log book

Thanks Ben

Back to the top
could be its been scrapped at some point hence why its not on dvla?

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top
I hope not, but if so then what? It's such a mint shell too:-( no rot or rust

Back to the top
I'd try dvla again

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top
Yeah I'll give it ago, been online and on vin check sites it comes up with a few details but trying to find exact model ,
Found It was born June 22nd 1982 Wolfsburg

Back to the top
Still need help finding info on my car tried Vw again and again and they can't help and have me a number for wolfsberg and email, still waiting on reply from them 4 weeks later

Back to the top
When was it last taxed? I bought a mini 4 years ago, it was untaxed since 96 and didnt seem to be on dvla, I think it was never put on the computer system?? I got an old v5 with it, filled it out and get a new v5 in my name. Dont know it it helps you or not, also I could never sorn it on line, but it was ok when I sold it as an unfinished project.

Hope you get it sorted  8)

Mars red 1982 16v KR Conversion!

View topic: My 1982 16v - The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

Back to the top
Before you put ANY money into the shell restoring it - GET A REGISTRATION V5 IN YOUR HAND FOR IT.

If the car has been scrapped or been an untaxed car seized from an owner you won't be able to put it back on the road. The person checking it at the DVLA may have made mistake and missed your car or somthing. Keep trying.

Do you know the registration number at all or is that missing too?

Back to the top
This may be nothing but the person at the dvla may not have typed the chassis number in correct. I have two Mk1's and both chassis numbers start in a different way. One V5 statrt's with the wvwzzz17zdw123456 and the other 17ew123456. So what i'm saying is the wvw part is missing. Try missing out the first 6 letters? Hope this helps

ps Both my V5 are new and up to date.

Back to the top
Yeah I'm trying to sort this out before spending loads of money on it, but could buy a rusty doner car and transfer bits off that etc, I have nothing with car about from a good clean rot free shell and bits n bobs

Going to ring wolfsberg tomorrow to track more details on car etc
Well I have been to dvla 2 times now and both times came back with no luck just asked to find out more info on car eg import , export, blah blah
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.