Skip navigation

195/45/15 tires on a cabby?

Back to the top

195/45/15 tires on a cabby?

I've seen that the usual size is 1xx/50/15 for cabbys, but i might get a hold of some nice wheels with smaller tires. 195/45/15 as stated in title. The tires are brand new and they are of good quality as well.

The et is 25 btw.

All opinions are appreciated

I'm Norwegian, so my English isn't the best!

Back to the top
I'm running em cos I'm low, not too bad mate bumpy from suspension rather than tyres. Look good aswell, handle well (yokos) do it!

MK1 Cabby '90 R.I.P

'83 tin top gti

Back to the top

CabbyBrad said

I'm running em cos I'm low, not too bad mate bumpy from suspension rather than tyres. Look good aswell, handle well (yokos) do it!
You are running with 45 instead of 50? I'm planning on lowering the car as well:)

Back to the top
Yeah mate 195/45/15 on mine don't like look of big tyres on the wheels if I'm honest. Can hardly tell difference in fairness just aesthetic wise.

MK1 Cabby '90 R.I.P

'83 tin top gti

Back to the top
I run the same size on my tin top, no real issues other than the speedo will think you are going faster than you actually are.

You will lose 9.75mm off the diameter of the wheel, so effectively you are starting with a bald 50 series and when you are down to 2mm of tread you will be 14.75mm smaller than VW intended !!

I have a SatNav on my phone that I used to see how much my speedo is out by, on mine 30 reads 37 and 70 reads nearly 80.

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Hmm alright, i can live with the speedo. Does it affect the speed or accelleration in any way?

Back to the top
You will accelerate slightly faster and lose a small amount of top end - not really noticeable though

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Ok :) thanks all!

Back to the top
How about the et tho, will et 25 work with 195 tires?

Back to the top
et25 will be ok, i had wheels of that offset on my cab with 195/50. the main advantage of the 45 profiles is you get more arch clearance so no worriers id have thought :)

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top
Ok thanks!

Back to the top
I run 195/45/15 tyres on ET25x 7 inch wheels which gived no probs whatsoever, Car is lowered on coilovers and doesnt rub.cheers

Back to the top

dubhighland said

I run 195/45/15 tyres on ET25x 7 inch wheels which gived no probs whatsoever, Car is lowered on coilovers and doesnt rub.cheers

Awesome, thanks :)

Back to the top
im facing a simular tyre quandry, i was thinking 175/55/15 on a 7j rim, but unsure if ill benefit over the 195/45. id like to run a 165/50 but on a 7 it will far to much stretch

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.