Skip navigation

Vent pipe for injectors

Back to the top
Hi guys, i have little plastic pipe that goes from cyl. head. There was screwed bolt in it. As i understand it is air vent pipe for injectors. Should i blind it fully, or leave it opened or connect it somewhere?
P.s i noticed that it make sence for idling, when i am blinding it engine works smoother. It makes vacuum leak?    thumbnail.jpg
20180530_194607.jpg
20180530_194734.jpg

Back to the top
It's a air feed for air shroud fuel injectors, what fuel injectors do you have fitted?

The injectors with the top hat on are air shroud injectors.

View topic: Are these suitable O Rings for my injectors? - The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

I would blank the hose off as it was like that before as I guess you don't have the air hose etc to re instate the air input and I don't know how much difference it really makes.

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top
Thnaks, i have air srouded injectors.. Iam wondering if it will be blanked, what will be with ventilation?

Untitled.jpg

Back to the top
apparently on the 8v you will see a noticable difference with it plumbed in, so try to get it sorted. make sure the inserts are good condition else you'll get an air leak though.

on my 16v it made no noticable difference either way

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top

rubjonny said

apparently on the 8v you will see a noticable difference with it plumbed in, so try to get it sorted. make sure the inserts are good condition else you'll get an air leak though.

on my 16v it made no noticable difference either way

yep inserts are good, yust changed year ago,, thanks

Back to the top
all i can find that he connects via unknown connection, or "t" piece. Maybe someone has more detailed photo?  CIMG8355_zps45779e82.jpg

Back to the top
Is it correct vacuum routing? I am missing yelow line..   20170504_064521.jpg

Back to the top

Vent pipe for injectors

A few pictures of my 1988 car.

There is a white plastic 3 way connector coming out of the rubber boot, top ones goes to the anti stall device and the bottom hose with the jubilee clip on goes to the back of the head.

Ignore the 3 cables my fingers are holding, you can see my anti stall device has 2 hoses going to it, top one is from the white plastic connector in the 1st picture, bottom hose goes to a T piece going into the inlet manifold.

Pointing at hose to the anti stall device, top connector.

It’s difficult to get a good picture with a phone with all the other cables etc in the way…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting

Back to the top
thank you mark1gls very usefull photos. thumbs up. now its clear where i need to connect it. i will try to do exactly as yours. also it would be useful to know where goes yelow plastic pipe from black brake booster pipe. is it connects somewhere in ignition vacuum advance system?

Back to the top
The yellow plastic vacuum hose fits to a fuel enrichment valve fitted to the air box, latter cars had this valve fitted.

Some pictures in this old thread.

https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=big-block-injection_2%2Fvacuum-pipes

Back to the top

mark1gls said

The yellow plastic vacuum hose fits to a fuel enrichment valve fitted to the air box, latter cars had this valve fitted.

Some pictures in this old thread.

https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=big-block-injection_2%2Fvacuum-pipes

Thank you, i have later model, so i dont need to have it.

Back to the top
Last question for this topic. In some diagrams there is on/off valve. Which connects to vacuum advance system via "T" piece. I dont have it. Does it makes any effects to ignition advance in some cases?
Untitled.jpg

Back to the top
I don't have it either, or the Charcoal canister, I guess it's for USA models or something?

Not a standard fitment on a UK car.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.