Skip navigation

Adhesive pad for internal mirror

Back to the top
Hi guys. Any links on what’s best to do (adhesive pad wise) with my rear view mirror on mk1 cab? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top
Are you talking about the Button that is affixed to the windscreen or the Tapes used in the side mirrors on the doors.

For the button, I have had good luck over the years by using clear RTV silicone.  Clean the buttons rear, and the glass.  

See where it mounts and Draw an outline on the outer windscreen with a Sharpie.

Place a Drop of RTV on to the button and firmly set it in Place, cover with masking tape and allow to dry for 24hrs.

Pull the tape off and Scrape any overages of silicone with a razor knife around the edges of the button then affix the mirror.  

I have found that it will last for year, after all they glue aquariums together with this stuff.

For the side Mirrors any good double sided tape usually works fine  I used 3m Red Weather strip Tape.
around the edges and center.

Usually I had to replace the mirror glass because it broke or became foggy, as that was the only way to get the mirror off the holder.

Looking at the rear.
Screen Shot 2023-05-02 at 8.53.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-02 at 8.54.19 AM.png

Ever want to take the mirror glass out of your flag mirror? | VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.