Skip navigation

Big Hole at the Front!

Back to the top
I'm probably getting ahead of myself here, since I am some way off "back on the road" status but……….

I plan to make shields for the side of the rad before fitting the grille (which has the two spotlights) but I am intrigued by the large gap to LH side of the rad and wonder what would have been there when the car left the factory??

Golf front.jpg

The grille I removed has nothing behind it and would provide little protection from rain etc. I'm old enough to remember driving early Minis in the rain (or not!) and I can't think that a blast of water and road dirt/spray would do the nice alternator a lot of good?

Was it just left blank and therefore exposed to the elements or am I missing some suitable piece of shielding??

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Peter

Back to the top
You are missing the Radiator Cards.

Screen Shot 2023-04-25 at 11.00.11 AM.png

WWW.Cabby-info.com  cooling system

Screen Shot 2023-04-25 at 11.04.18 AM.png

https://vwgolf1.com/index.php/product-category/radiator-cards/page/2/

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
Ah!

Once again I'm indebted to you for your freely shared knowledge!

Now I know what I'm looking for it's an obvious solution. - right down to the cutout for the air filter intake.

Many Thanks

Peter

Back to the top
You can make you own up with fibreboard/millboard similar to what the originals were made up from. I made up templates with cereal boxes to fine tune the shape and work out where the bends should go and then transfered to mill board.

I've not looked at the templates Briano1234 has linked, but as you have a grill with the spots you may have to make cut-outs to accomodate.

My rebuild thread I will try and keep up to date: here

K-Jet fuel pressure test guage How-To
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.