Skip navigation

1983/4 Westmoreland GTI Fuel Filter Banjos

Back to the top

Is the built in check valve important?

I have a 1983 Westmoreland GTI that I am trying to replace the fuel filter on. Everything was swimming along perfectly fine until I managed to shear the out-flow side banjo bolt clean in half. I was using a torque wrench and it never clicked – still unsure how it happened. Maybe I had the wrong torque spec, maybe I'm an idiot, maybe both.

In typical old car fashion, I happened to brake the significantly harder to find banjo. I can't find a replacement but I can find the banjo that goes on the in-flow side of the fuel filter. The seller says it will fit the out-flow side as well but doesn't have the built in check valve.

Will using the banjo without the valve cause issues? Is it something I can get away with while searching for the correct part? Does anyone happen to have the part number for the correct part?

I appreciate your collective wisdom! Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place as I am new here.

PS: JH code, 1.8L engine

Thanks!

Back to the top
learn the ETKA so you can get the correct part numbers to locate the correct part.

https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/usa/

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.