Skip navigation

Need a cabby electric window switch

Back to the top
Hey folks,

Just bought a 1990 cabby and it's missing an electric window switch. Does anyone have any idea where to go to get one?

I think I've narrowed down the part # to 155959855A.

Happy to be here,
Rich

Screenshot_2020-08-16_at_18.59.20-removebg-preview.png

Back to the top
They come up on eBay for silly money.

I always thought the early Corrado ones look remarkably similar. Different part number though:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-PASSAT-B3-EARLY-CORRADO-ELECTRIC-WINDOW-SWITCH-GENUINE-357959855F/323767463560?epid=646448686&hash=item4b620b6e88:g:MQQAAOSwLVZVm8l4

Whip
/wip/
Noun - Car

When the steering wheel was first put into use in automobiles, it was called the whip. The term has now been generalised to classify any automobile.

Back to the top
Thanks the_whip , I've clocked them on eBay too.
75 quid a little steep for a switch 😅

Back to the top
There's a bit of a trend for crazy mk1 prices lately, but you do get realistic ones from time to time. I've seen switches for £30 in the last couple of months. I just save the search on eBay, and let it update me daily on anything new.

You could also join the "Mk1 Golf Parts For Sale" Facebook group and ask there:
Mk1 Golf Parts For Sale

Whip
/wip/
Noun - Car

When the steering wheel was first put into use in automobiles, it was called the whip. The term has now been generalised to classify any automobile.

Back to the top
Ace! Thanks – appreciate that link.

I've got my hands on a cheap as chips Mk2 window switch. Have seen some posts mentioning it should wire up OK – might take a … alternative mounting solution.

Back to the top
If you're gonna go that route I would try a Corrado one. They are the same shape and size, and the the plug is the same.

I haven't t tried plugging mine into my mk1 loom as my car is being worked at one.

Whip
/wip/
Noun - Car

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.