Skip navigation

No fuel at the injectors...

Back to the top
FIXED : no idea why, pulled distribution head off to see if 'plunger' was sticking.  Seemed ok, put it back on and now fuel is spraying nicely through injectors.

1983 1.8 gti Mk1 engine.  Standard other than a cam upgrade.

Car was running perfectly end of last year then I put it away in the garage for a few months before getting it out once the weather improved.  Ran fine put wouldnt start when warm.  Checked everything and found the diaphragm in the accumulator had gone.  Whilst waiting for new accumulator the car then started running lumpy.  Seemed ok when rev'd but on tick over it was lumpy.

I replaced accumulator, acc. to pump line and cleaned out he non return valve on the pump which was mucked up and not working.

Started the car and it is still very lumpy.  I pulled spark leads while it was running and each made an equal difference, running it on 3 cylinders so I don't think its an individual injector issue or spark issue.

With ignition on, injectors out and pump relay jumped, pump is running but there is no fuel coming out of the injectors when I pull the air plate up.  I've put a pressure gauge in between the WUR and distribution head and getting 5 bar / 70psi.

Question is where do i go from here.  if the pressure was low I'd check for blockages.  With it being high it feels like the fuel is being pumped at the right pressure, just not getting distributed to the injectors.  If the flow was low, but the pressure high would the injectors still fire, but with low amounts of fuel?  Fuel is obvious coming through the injectors when I start it otherwise it wouldnt run at all (unless it'll run on only the 5th injector?) - why would that be?

Any advise on where to go from here?  Not checked the 5th injector…will do that now.

Thanks

David

Last edit: by vodester

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.