Skip navigation

8v GTI Warm Up Regulator Wiring

Back to the top
Trying to get a mates project 8v GTI running better, a quick look around the engine bay and it would appear someones already had a play with the wiring.
The plug at the Warm Up Regulator has two (OEM) Red/Black wires and a single Green/White wire.
One of the Red/Black wires has been cut and I cant find where its supposed to run to o- anyone able to offer guidance ?
The Haynes manuals dont seem to offer much help and the colours are different to whats actually physically on the car.

I cant find anywhere that shows three wires at the WUR - anyone have a genuine VW diagram ?

Cheers

Back to the top
one red/black is feed to the WUR the other is feed to the AAV. Both should be live only when fuel pump is running.
I've taken this from the Haynes manual. Page 408/9 of the brown one. In current track 14&15

Back to the top
I did wonder if that was it. Cant find the other cut end so I guess I'll check it with a meter to see if the AAC is powered or not with the pump running

Back to the top

Bretta said

I did wonder if that was it. Cant find the other cut end so I guess I'll check it with a meter to see if the AAC is powered or not with the pump running

If the aav has no power the revs wont drop as it warms up - at a guess.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.