Skip navigation

AUQ 20VT swap - 02M gearbox driveshafts

Back to the top

Building suitable shafts

So, I am currently getting the parts together for a 20VT AUQ engine swap into my 1982 Golf GTI. This forum has been great for information regarding this swap having been done many times before. However I have come to a halt with my choice of gearbox. I am planning on using the standard 02M geabox currently mated to the AUQ engine I have, searching through the forum I have found much information on using the 02J box or similar boxes, however not much on the 6 speed 02M box. I have sourced the correct conversion mounts for the gearbox and engine, hydraulic clutch conversion kit, linkage rod change kit etc etc necessary for the conversion, however I am struggling to find suitable driveshafts for the swap. I have read something about using T4 driveshafts to build some shafts to fit, however have not found any difinitive information on what I can use. "retrofication" offer a set of shafts for the conversion however, at £500 for the pair I was not too keen to go for them!

Any information on what I could use would be greatly appreciated!

Back to the top
Contact Dave Mack propshafts in Coventry https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjhvZaCkOngAhVKQRUIHSZjCScQFjAAegQIBBAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fdavemacprops.co.uk%2F&usg=AOvVaw3ExaWVPNfaRGnGy3th5f80

Ask for John Mahon (the propietor) and tell him Big Mark reccomended him to you. I am sure he will make you  your shafts-or any shafts for any mk1 conversion or standard car to the highest quality for an awful lot less than you were quoted!. All shafts are lifetime guarrenteed.
He does standard, stronger and engine development shafts for lots of well known commercial car/lorry/bike manufacturing firms and so I cannot reccomend him enough!

Marcus.

ANY OTHERS WHO NEED SPECIAL ONE OFF SHAFTS/std but stronger shafts CONTACT JOHN TOO
:thumbs: 
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.