Skip navigation

Seatbelt bickle catch

Back to the top
cintos.jpg
Hi everyone
I need your help since I am restoring my golf mk1 gti from 1978 and I have a question. The car came with the seatbelt buckle catch I show in the picture. I think it's the 1978 original but I can not find any information on which original belts fit it. I honestly do not even find any seatbelt buckle catch like this nor belts when I search on google. Does anyone have photos of which belts fit in and where do I know where I can buy?

Thanks for the help.
best regards

Back to the top
Looks to me like they are broken, there should be a metal piece which is hinged at one side , your seatbelt for these do not  have any buckles. the seat belt just goes into the gap and then the metal piece closes down over it to trap the belt.

Not sure if that makes sense but I will try and find a picture!

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
47BB84C8-AA63-4D4D-BE64-79596F0F2BE7.png 8AD8DAF1-7B48-4F12-95EB-CAA7205AB284.png

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
Yes, maybe my photo isn't the best but it has the metal part and it is 100% functional. But still i don't see how the seatbelts hold.Do you also have photos of the seatbelts for this?

Back to the top
I couldn't find any pictures when I was searching for the ones above,  it perhaps dubboy our expert historian may be able to help?

image.jpeg

Back to the top
There is someone selling similiar items on ebay with several photos. I am not sure what you dont understand but if you look at the photos im sure you can visualise how the actual belts just go under the metal clip.. Ebay item no  163495774414..

Back to the top
I've those type of seat belt buckles on my 1978 Mk1 Scirocco, there is no buckle or anything on the seat belt, you just place the belt underneath the metal bar a clip the bar down as that's what's hold the seat belt. The nice thing about this type of belt is it reacts nice and easy and there not a big metal catch flapping about and hitting the C pillar when the seat belt is not in use.

The ones in your picture at the start of this thread are broken, not sure you can buy the bar so you might need to find another set.

I can get a picture of mine but not till later in the week if any use?

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top
I appreciate if you took photos. I will be very usefull thank you.
I will also take better photos of the ones in the picture because they have the metal part but it is not visible in the picture and I will try to buy the seatbelts  matching this.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.