Skip navigation

MK1 VR6 SWAP MK3 AS DONOR

Back to the top
Hello guys,I have a 4door mk1 sitting on my garage and a mk3 vr6 that i use it as a daily driver and I was thinking about this swap using mk3 as a full donor,I dont wanna leave it rust,I love this car
First of all is it worth it?I mean am I gonna see any difference at throttle-speed?
I dont wanna spend much money,my father knows how to cut and weld,so mounts and others arent any problem.I also wanna put everything in the mk1 from the mk3,like interior,ac,seats etc.
Any advice is helpful
Thank you DSC_0401.JPG DSC_0403.JPG DSC_0405.JPG IMG-1ce06a8a11b7a80e24b6a0c284fb3d64-V.jpg

Back to the top
Hi MaD_MAik

Welcome to the club, looks like you have an interesting project there!

Mike.

Back to the top
Welcome! Both cars look awesome  :thumbs:
Personally, the Mk3 appears to be in great shape and I would hate to see it become a donor… but, like all things in life, do what makes you happy.

…On the other hand, I have heard lovely things about a VR6 sitting in an A1.

Loads of information out there for this swap, as it is quite common. (Vortex, E38, etc.).
There are also conversion kits that allegedly simplify the process: https://shop.eurowise.com/product-p/ew1090.htm

Best of luck, and if you do proceed with the swap, start a build thread so we can cheer you on.

Back to the top
Thank you  mike.d1979 :) ,it is indeed an interesting project
Fausto glad to be here my friend :)
The mk3 is in great shape and fully running and  I would hate that too,seeing her go as a donor
But I hate leaving my mk1 rusting  and not using it,so Im in a dilema,what should I do?
I dont want to use the eurowise kit as I dont have much money,so if Im gonna do it is going to be by my father and me,cutting,welding and stuff
I think the only part that we will find difficult is wiring,so Ill probably pay money on that
I have time to think about as Im not ready yet to start
Thank you for your reply :thumbs:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.