Skip navigation

Mk1 golf rear clipper arch's

Back to the top
Hi guys I am new to all this forum stuff so please bare with me.
I am after some rear clipper arch's for my cabriolet can somebody please point me in the right direction please??

Many thanks. 

Back to the top
Welcome along mucker

Have a look through the breakers and spares section below in the forum.

Don't forget to head over to newbies and make a post in there too so everyone can say Hi.

Ian

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top
what is wrong with your rear arches, as in cracked, broken or missing.  As they are repairable.

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
Hi, my mechanic was taking them off today so won't no the extent of the damage till tomorrow but he said they were all glued on! 
He seems to think they will be good for nothing after so I will have to wait and see.
They seem to be quite rare! 🙄

Back to the top
They weren't glued on, they used a 2 sided sticky tape to affix the top of the arches to the body.  I have removed 3 sets of them on my cars over the years without destroying them, Heat  WD-40 and a thin plastic putty knife works wonders.

I have repaired Cracked ones by cleaning out the damage area of dirt dust and whatever.  Cleaning the area with a Dremel and sanding disk to get to clean plastic.

Using Stainless Steel wire mesh (window screen) and JB-Weld Full Strength to butter the area sink the screen in to it so that it is covered, then buttering over the area with more JB….. Using a gloved hand with a little wd-40 sprayed on my finger smoothed it over so very little sanding was required to the repair, a light sanding and bondo to fill depressions was all that was needed before primer and paint.  Most of the repair was done on the back side out of sight. What oozed out on the front side was finger smoothed…. allow the full 24 hours to harden and it is a perm fix.

So they are very easy to repair……

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
Thanks for that tip 👍🏻 I will have to wait and see tomorrow to see what the damages are!

Back to the top

Mk1 golf rear clipper arch's

Pre 1990 cars were screwed on.
Later ones bonded as Briano points out they are a pig to remove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.