Skip navigation

HOOD SWITCH FOR 1991 CLIPPER

Back to the top
I'm rewiring the electric hood switch on my 1991 Clipper.
Reason is that a previous owner used a switch from a Merc and changed the wiring to suit.
I would be grateful if someone with a similar Clipper/Cabby could send me a pic of the wiring as it enters the back of the switch via the plug connector.
Wires should be coloured red, blue, brown and green. A pic will allow me to reconnect original wiring to the correct pins in the switch.
cheers and thank you

den

Back to the top
Don't have an electrical hood, mine is manual.

I know that in the Back of the Bentley/Haynes they have diagrams for the wiring.

The Wiring to all plugs and connectors usually have the pin numbers of the switch on them.

So look at the wiring diagrams, then see the switch and on the switch are numbers and then attach the color of the wire to the proper pin.

There are one 3 switched wires, and two for the lamp.  So a couple of your wires have the wrong color, and should be used to power the lamp circuit one being Ground (brown) in my diagrams and one being the blue/gray lamp wire from the head light switch.

Screen Shot 2019-07-23 at 8.12.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-23 at 8.15.19 AM.png

Last edit: by Briano1234

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
Hi Briano
Thanks for your reply.
Please see the attached pic of the existing switch wiring.
The original wiring has 5 wires; one is grey/blue and has been cut off, I presume because there is no light element to the switch. the other four are: blue,  green,  red and brown. There are no numbers on the pins of the switch (which has only 4 pins).
That's why I'm asking for a pic from a similar switch as the simplest way of sorting out mine.
best wishes
SWITCH 2.JPG den

Back to the top
Gray/blue and brown is for the Light bulb of the switch.

Red Green and blue are the leads to the switch.

Blue to pin 2
Green to Pin 5
Red to pin 3

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.