Skip navigation

Peugeot 306 1.9 TD

Back to the top

Peugeot 306 1.9 TD

Was looking at one or two on the trader?

What do we think of em?

'83 1.5 Gx (picture coming soon)

Back to the top
good news

Back to the top
good news

Back to the top
good news

Back to the top
Good News?

Any chance you could expand on that abit  :lol:

Back to the top
My wife has one.
Good engine, and drives well - I just hate French crap. Ancillaries are pants, trim is poor, but it has lasted well so far.

Back to the top
Shall we say………. there are Diesel VW`s………..its more than just ownership of a car…….its the scene………..dont buy French…its cheap for a reason!!! besided that your 1.1 petrol will be more responsive than that old soot blower!! you wont get more smiles per gallon than in a Dub

or you could buy a Beret and some onions and kiss goodbye to any street cred you may have had :lol:

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top
yeah i know street cred costs, and im el skinto

Back to the top
cheaper to keep what ya got though surely?

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

Back to the top
im gonna sound like a muppit now i know it, but im a fast driver. Not 60mph in 30zones past schools or anything. But im heavy on the accelerator im not a boy racer or a chav but it just hasnt got the snappyness I want.

Ill deffinately return to the mk1 when I finish Uni im gonna get a GTI but for now I need something cheaper on petrol and something I wont feel as guilty in when I put my foot down!

Back to the top
:lol: fast is neither of those cars man!!

- YouTube

Back to the top
plus im after a few comforts, maybe power steering, leccy windows, central locking, air con?

Back to the top
neither of which cars?? the mk1 GTI?

muppits video is hilarious, thanks  :lol:

Back to the top
no the pug or the baby 1.1 mk1...........creature comforts are nice to have....but they are boring!! my VR6 has heated leather, aircon, power steering, traction control, electric everything, and a superb 2.8 engine and sound....but i like driving the mk1 better!!!

Back to the top

wooders said

good news

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

I know what you mean there wooders…

Back to the top

Lawsy said

wooders said

good news

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

I know what you mean there wooders…

Ohhhh i seee one of these internal jokes is it

Back to the top
Get a Citroen AX Diesel then.

Utterly crap french piece of rubbish, not a good thing to say about it. Not even a good chassis!

But it will do 55mpg and you can get one for ?250!

Back to the top
my lass drives a 106 and its pants! badly made, sluggish, the engines had to be replaced and its harder than a mk1 to get started in a morning!

Back to the top
I had a 306 Dturbo in 1998 you can't go wrong with that model diesel engine but all the refines of the GTI inside. I know its French but I liked it no problems in the 2 years I owned it.

GTI Campaign Helios Blue, Going back Standard
GTI Campaign Schwartz Black shouldn't have sold
GTI Mk7 Performance pack Daily drive
Polo 1.4sel Sunset Orange The Wife's
Triumph Tiger

Back to the top
I've got a 1998 DTurbo as well. It's my DD. I got loads of grief on here for suggesting that it was a good car, so I'm reluctant to come out from hiding again! But…

I like it! It's not quick off the lights, but in gears 3-5 it has got loads of torque. Plenty enough to over take. Also, when you're on the motorway, you get to a nice hill and the petrol cars of a similar class struggle, with the D Turbo, you just keep on going cos it's got grunt.

Indside, it's a not great, French cars always seem to have rubbish cloth - who wants all those lighting strike flashes all over the seat? - but it does have decent spec: air con, leccy windows, CD player, power stearing (you'd need it in this car!), alloys, met paint, roof spoiler (whoo!) etc.

I've not had any problems with mine, I've done 70K in it in 2.5 years and it just keeps on going (fingers crossed). Starts on the button every time

There are loads of different specs on turbo deisels, you know what the French are like, they just chuck in anything that's lying around in the factory, so if you are looking be prepared to see lots of different ones. I'd look at a D Turbo a/c. The earlier ones (like mine) supposedly have a nicer engine than the later HDI ones. Or did I just make that up?

I await the stream of French/Matti bashing to follow with good grace…

1982 1.8 GTI Mars Red
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.