Skip navigation

MK1 Golf BRAND NEW 2006

Back to the top

MK1 Golf BRAND NEW 2006

Hi   :D

I was wondering if you guys know that you can buy a brand new Mk1 citi golf. I stay in South Africa, and they are still produced here, but with alot of modern changes.

The latest edition is called the Velociti, which comes in a 1.4i and a 1.6i. 15" Alloys, 25mm drop, twin tail pipes, sport seats, modern dash, etc etc.

Here are some pics -

What you think??

Back to the top
Yep we know :wink: .I like it, but thought they had stopped production now. If it wasn't so expensive to get one over here then I would really like one. I would have to change the front end back to euro spec. I love the interior and esp. the steering wheel 8)

Back to the top
Well minted, out of curiousity how much does it cost? :dontknow:

Back to the top
Love the dash and steering wheel.  Can you import those?

Back to the top

rzacasperof said

Love the dash and steering wheel.  Can you import those?

Don't think so. Because its new, it has to meet stricter Eurobabble legislation, which it cannot pass. I think someone (was it Bert?) bought a nearly-new Mk1 Golf in SA and was able to import it.

Back to the top
i would.. but i prefer the original ones  :D

Back to the top
The 1.4i costs areound ?6800, the 1.6i about ?8000. Then there are optional extras, like aircon, mp3 players etc. The 1.6i is very quick, but there are rumours of a 1.8 turbo coming soon.

They are the cheapest cars to maintain in South Africa, because the parts are locally made, and there is an abundance of them. They are also the cheapest cars to modify, so its the number one choice for young racer wannabes.

Check out this site - http://www.autostyle.co.za/prodlist.php?pid=vw&cid=Golf%20Mk1&showall=1

They are one of the biggest dealers in mods, at an exchange rate of 12 : 1, you can see its dirt cheap.

Back to the top

CrewCab said

i would.. but i prefer the original ones  :D

I  agree, my first golf, was a yellow 1984 model with the forward slanting fenders and skinny bumpers. Loved it  :D

Back to the top
does it cost alot to get these parts shiped to the uk and how do you intend to get around import charges at customs i have been stung before buying rfrom abrourd and getting high import charges

hello!

Back to the top

rov716y said

does it cost alot to get these parts shiped to the uk and how do you intend to get around import charges at customs i have been stung before buying rfrom abrourd and getting high import charges

You shouldn't be looking at "getting round" import charges - you should be paying them! They are there for a reason.

Back to the top
Not keen on all that plastic inside… And cup holders?! They only do 5 door versions too don't they? Not got the character of the old ones :wink:

Megasquirted 1981 Silver 1600 GTI Daily Driver

Still Restoring...

Back to the top
they're new, but they look rubbish!

I suppose it wouldn't take much to euro spec them though.

Mk1 Golf 16V Conversion FAQ Zip, now located at in the Forum WIKI section: http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=42%2F26%2F3

Back to the top
Not available with the correct number of doors or headlamps ;)

Back to the top
Hmm, Skoda Fabia dashboard......

Real golfers don't play with clubs
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.