Skip navigation

Vw Golf mk1 gti 1979 donīt work....HELP

Back to the top

Vw Golf mk1 gti 1979 donīt work....HELP

Hi guys

I need your help if itīs possible.

I recently finished my 1979 Golf 1.6 GTI and the worked fine untill one day that is shut off and didnīt started again.

I measured all things and I donīt understand the cause of this malfuction.

I think the ignition switch is causing this problem but my only doubt is that I have starter…so I donīt know if the ignition switch is bad or not…

I checked the fuel pump relay in other car and itīs ok but in my car doesnīt work..
I made a jumper to the fuel pump and works fine…
The coil dontīs have spark or 12V at the crank…I tested the coil and thatīs ok

My car doesnīt have ignition module..

Can you help me please???

Back to the top

Re: Vw Golf mk1 gti 1979 donīt work....HELP

gti16v said

donīs

What is this word?

If the word is "doesn't" then it sounds like your ignition switch, or some of the associated wiring or connectors, is faulty.

Back to the top

Re: Vw Golf mk1 gti 1979 donīt work....HELP

paul_c said

gti16v said

donīs

What is this word?

If the word is "doesn't" then it sounds like your ignition switch, or some of the associated wiring or connectors, is faulty.

Hi,

thanks for  your answer, I really think thatīs the ignition switch who cause the problem but the fact that the starter workīs at the crank confuse me…..

Thereīs any way to make a test to check the ignition switch??

regards

Back to the top
If you can't get the voltmeter to the connector on the back of the ignition switch, then the next best place is at the back of the fusebox. The Haynes manual has wiring diagrams which will show you which connector and pin position to check, etc.

The fact that there's no power at the coil is the main issue though, its just the finding out which connector or wire (or the switch) is broken.

Back to the top
PS faulty ignition switch is quite a common issue on Mk1 Golfs.

Back to the top
Problem resolved…..

The problem was in the breaking points….thanks for you help..
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.