Skip navigation

restoration MK1 GTi 1600

Back to the top

restoration MK1 GTi 1600

Just picked up a MK1 GTi 1600 - mainly complete but will need bodywork etc. been stood for 4-years,full VAG service history etc..  restoring it with my step son so he can use it when he is older he will be paying for it, I will be donating my time and experience

we are going to get it up and running this weekend from its 4 year sleep - so what battery would I need?

Plus any advice on start up procedures from a very long lay off would be helpful.

We will be draining the fuel, checking oil and will do a cambelt once we have it started , and do a full service once up and running.

also, who is best reccomended for repair panels?

Thanks in advance

Back to the top
I'm also restoring a 1600, shes been sat for nearly 20 years in a garage. she isn't running just yet, decided to rebuild the engine etc. (the fool before tried messing with something that worked perfectly)

I have however, replaced the front panel, got it from http://www.waterwagens.co.uk/

Came quickly, un-damaged, and fits nicely!

Start up wise I couldn't give you much more information than you already know, just a decent battery and make sure the cambelt hasn't perished too much :)

taaar!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.