Skip navigation

Tintop MFA LCD circuit board

Back to the top
Sent my MFA clocks away to Crazyquiffs for repair but unfortunately this could not be achieved as I need a working circuit board for the LCD screen. Anybody got any good MFA spares available? Must be 1983 tintop as the later type aren’t compatible.

Back to the top

Back to the top
Hey Pete,

have you tried the 'Pure Mk1 Golf Parts' group on FB? Sure I saw someone selling a cluster on there the the other day.

J

My rebuild thread I will try and keep up to date: here

K-Jet fuel pressure test guage How-To

Back to the top
Cheers J, there was a set but non-MFA. I'd have thought someone would be able to repair the electronics on these by now. Plus I've already spent about £300 on untested clocks that didn't work and new LCD screens that didn't work either!

Back to the top
Blimey! I hope mine work!
I have tried to find a circuit diagram for the whole cluster but not with any success. I did work in electronics a looooooong time ago, so if I had a diagram I'm sure I could solve any issues I may have with mine. Provided the relevant components are still around…

My rebuild thread I will try and keep up to date: here

K-Jet fuel pressure test guage How-To

Back to the top
I've a couple of spare sets of clocks stored, one that I'm holding onto as I too need to do a bit of work on mine but the other may possibly be of use to you? Need to check though as there seem to be a few variations! 

Black 1984 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign.

Back to the top
…….sorry dude, just checked and they're no good for you.

Back to the top
Have you seen this one on Facebook marketplace?

Back to the top

Campaigning for Dave said

Have you seen this one on Facebook marketplace?

Yeah, saw that but they're different. I don't know if the MFA LCD board would be the same, but I've got the consumption gauge on mine. Cheers for checking your spare set though, I'll keep looking.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.