Skip navigation

GTI front grille badge

Back to the top

Wanted - a second-hand GTI grille badke

Hi - Looking for a used GTI grille badge for a convertible - decent condition and will attach to grille. NOS possible otherwise!

Last edit: by guybagnall

Back to the top

GTI front grille badge

Which grill do you have as there are two types of badge depending on grill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top
Hi, mine's a big bumper DSC07952 copy.JPG .

Back to the top

GTI front grille badge

I have a couple of badges laying around for that grill (changed mine to the early 3 piece style) will dig them out tomorrow

Back to the top
That's very kind - thank you. Might you have a 'GTI' one - I think mine suffered the usual 90s thing and got stolen!

Back to the top
My post wasn't too clear - looking for the 'GTI' grille badge and a better condition VW grille badge as well.

I notice you have a big bumper too - could I ask about the front bumper indicator fitment - the steel surround tends to corrode - would you know if there was ever a rubber gasket between the lens and the bumper or was it always a painted finish - and how far should there be between the steel and the 'plastic' bumper - should the bumper fit over the edge of the steel or stand proud?

Back to the top

GTI front grille badge

The gti badge I deffo have as for gaskets neither of mine have will get some close up pics for u after work

Back to the top
Thank you! From the cars I've seen photos of it's just the steel bar (with the hole for the indicator light), but I can't tell if my bumper is too proud of the steel bar for standard. Pic attached. Rivage front indicator light IMG-2637.JPG

Back to the top
That looks right  :thumbs: The plastic bumper skin clips into the steel reinforcing bar, those edges are always visible. You could paint up the visible bits or otherwise take the bumper off , remove the outer skin and repaint the whole bar.

I had the whole bar powdercoated on mine but it hasn't lasted that long, you'd do a better/longer lasting job  with epoxy primer and paint.

Mk1 Golf floor mats - for tin top and cabriolet - Zero7796 17298Five

Back to the top
Thank you - I must be the 'worried well'!  Any idea if they were painted from new, I can't see paint traces through the dark orange?!

Thanks for the primer tip - red oxide first, cheap black matt spray to follow…

Back to the top
Yeah, painted from new.  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Was it Black, I assume not body-colour?

Back to the top
Yep, black, matt or satin would look good.  :cool:

Back to the top

GTI front grille badge

Back to the top
Hi Wilko - Sorry to keep asking but did u turn up the GTI grille badge?

Back to the top

GTI front grille badge

You can get longer screws for the bumper lenses then use a spacer tube behind the unit to bring it forward.

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
Considering how well-designed the rest is, it seems odd to have that light set back with the metal rim in front - should we blame Karmann?

Back to the top
THANK YOU. Thanks to a club member I now have the GTI badge. 14/10/2020
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.