Skip navigation

MK 1 1979 1.5 GLS HEAD

Back to the top

Cylinder Head Wanted

Had the bad news yesterday that head gasket has gone on my Golf and the even worse news today that the head is cracked. Just when everything was sorted and the car ready to go for the summer!!

The garage is searching for a replacement head but has asked if I can try and locate one - any links, contacts, leads etc or even if you have a suitable head for sale please let me know!!

Cheers

Jamie

Back to the top
i  have a 1.5 gl engine breaking if you need anything was from an 83

Back to the top

sporttrucker said

i  have a 1.5 gl engine breaking if you need anything was from an 83

Cheers - I will double check if this is compatible and come back. Don't suppose you would know?

How much are you after for it? Do you have any photographs of what you have got etc?

cheers

Back to the top
i think its the same engine but can get codes, pics etc this weekend. it is a complete engine, carb, manual gearbox etc. i only drove it to the garage and took it out but it seemed to go well just had a split air pipe and rocker leaking . only changing as i have a 2.0 that i want to put in. have history for engine and its done 150k. not really sure on price £40 for the head? and would need to look in to postage unless you are near cornwall.     

Back to the top
Just seen your post on the forum definitely interested in the engine mate.

When you hoping to list it? Any idea what you would want as a buy it now?

Cheers

Jamie

Back to the top

sporttrucker said

i think its the same engine but can get codes, pics etc this weekend. it is a complete engine, carb, manual gearbox etc. i only drove it to the garage and took it out but it seemed to go well just had a split air pipe and rocker leaking . only changing as i have a 2.0 that i want to put in. have history for engine and its done 150k. not really sure on price £40 for the head? and would need to look in to postage unless you are near cornwall.     

If you can send part number/pics I will check it fits and have it mate. Will look in to courier etc, unless you have anyone? When would it be ready to collect? 

Back to the top
it is a jb engine code with head part no 049 103 373. i have the engine out ready to go or can strip down for bits. i would take £90 for the engine with carb or you can make an offer on bits
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.