Skip navigation

1983 Mk1 tin top

Back to the top

Mk1 Golf, non sunroof, competition, sprint, hillclimb, race, rally, track car. Now sold

DSCF0919.JPG
DSCF0921.JPG DSCF0924.JPG

Model:                                 1983 3dr Tintop

Spec/Trim option:              1.8 8v engine
Year of manufacture:         1983

Mileage:                                n/a

Price:                                     £5000

I will do my best to accommodate anyone from anywhere in the UK or Ireland!

Contact details:                   email: petermitchell4103@gmail.com, or call / text 07802533939

Condition:                             Cosmetically the paint has faded, some surface rust, but it has been a competition car for some time, and paint condition was not a priority! Panels are all straight, a couple of minor dents. Mechanically the car has been well maintained, and very reliable and competitive.

Service history:                   n/a

Mot expiry Date:                  Technically the car had to be able to pass MOT for roadgoing class, but is not currently MOT'd.Taxed or sorn:                      Sorn

Description:

As described above, the car has been used for Sprints and Hillclimbs for 15 years, the last ten in my ownership. As it has been running in modified roadgoing class, the interior has been stripped out.

It has a Safety Devices 6 point bolt in roll cage, MSA certified.

The car is MSA logbooked.

The engine is a 1.8 8v, bored and stroked to 2067cc. Ported cylinder head. DCOE45 carbs. Turbo rods, upgraded oil pump, running Megajolt electronic ignition. Paddle clutch. The engine has only done one event since being built!

Gearbox is a modified GTi gearbox, so has the closer ratios of the GTi, with 4.25 final drive, Quaife LSD, ARP bolts in the crown wheel, built approx five events ago.

Body is standard panels, seam welded. Front lower strut brace, rear upper strut brace. Fire extinguisher to driver compartment and engine bay. Fire extinguisher and electrical pull cables internal and external. Impact switch cuts fuel pump in an accident. Drivers race seat fitted, passenger race seat included. Six point harness. Fuel and brake lines run internally.Suspension is Leda front coilovers, recently refurbished, Koni rear coilovers, both adjustable. Race polybushed throughout. Larger front discs, rear Mk2 disc conversion. 7 x 15 competition alloys with worn List 1B tyres. Two new competition wet tyres with the car, plus extra springs.

Two gall fuel cell and fuel pump in spare wheel well (sealed), original tank will come with the car.

There will be things I have forgotten, contact me  to discuss…

Thanks for looking,

Peter.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.