Skip navigation

Mk1 Sportline 1993 Black Fantastic condition.

Back to the top

Good to go mk1 sportline

Spec/Trim option:GTI

Year of manufacture: 1993
Mileage:141,000
Price: £9500
Contact details: 07827665650
Condition: Not totally original but really bloody good!
Service history: some…but loads of receipts etc
Mot expiry Date:09/11/2019 but can get it done no probs
Taxed or sorn: Taxed

Description:
Ok…..so you will all know what this car is about….we all know they only made 499 and no one has any idea how many left…….so i  don't have to go on about the actual model of this car…but i will say it is one of the last made, being a 1993 car and late 1993 too.
So i bought her around 9 months ago with the intention of keeping her forever as i had one in my 20s and always wanted a keeper…..i purchased it from someone on ebay and drove it straight to Crazy quiffs in wallingford and told them to sort it…..£5300 later!!!!! it was sorted!!!
Then i found out that the ULEZ was going to extend to where i live in a couple of years…so instead of just seeing her outside my house knowing that i'm going to have to sell it someday…i'm doing it now…saves me the pain of getting even more attached!!!!
I've included the list of works from them….its had everything sorted.
When i bought the car someone had changed the bumper and grill…put different headlights in…i had it all changed back to standard…think it looks better!

New discs
New pads
Coil overs all round
Electronic power steering ( crazy quiffs new system) amazing!!!
Rubber seals
Can belt replaced
Brake shoes
New engine mounts
Wheels refurbed
And much much more

I also had a new water pump and starter motor put on it.

Its not got the standard wheels but i actually really like the slightly wider look and the car sits right for me…..it rides beautifully with the coil overs and stops so well with the new bigger discs.
It pulls superbly….apparently someone put a larger cam in it….so it sounds throaty and is definitely quicker than the standard car.
Its had a new exhaust in the past…as you can see it has a twin pipe out the back…single would be better but i don't think it harms the aesthetics.
Zero oil leaks, it starts on the button every time….and i think the paintwork is pretty damn good for an old girl….it does have one little small poorly painted two inch area on the drivers wing.
The interior is in fantastic condition…..no stains on the seats and well supported bolsters etc and the tourneo is in great condition too.
The mohair roof looks pretty new to me too….its in wicked condition and the electric hood works so well!
Inside of the engine is in great shape too…i've included a picture so you can see.
Now…..bad points….
The rear lights are not original…just haven't got round to swapping them.
The steering wheel is a euro spec. again just no time…
The gear knob is not the original, but hugh from the sportline register has all these bits for not much money.
The speaker in the rear drivers side has a broken tweeter.
The mats are a little worn.

I think thats all folks….if you want a fantastic sportline that to my knowledge needs nothing else doing to it…then you are good to go here. IMG_1759.jpg IMG_1760.jpg IMG_1535.jpg IMG_1536.jpg IMG_1537.jpg IMG_1600.jpg IMG_1602.jpg IMG_1526.jpg IMG_1534.jpg IMG_1540.jpg IMG_1604.jpg IMG_1605.jpg IMG_1606.jpg
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.